Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better question...what's everyone's like top shows? You can do still on air and off air if ya want, idgaf. Looking for ideas for the long summer.

(no specific order)
The League
Parks & Recreation
The Office
Peaky Blinders
Frontier
Ballers
Justified
Game of Thrones

X-files is perhaps my favorite of all time.

Sitting here, waiting for you clowns to see Endgame... stuck in the dark ages over there

View attachment 203263

Useless Spoiler: And as you’ll see, Endgame was only possible because of a rat nosing around.

Leaving at 3:30PM for food and a 5PM Fan Experience showing. And no, I'm not checking the time constantly. Really. Unless you consider every 90 seconds constantly.

7.6 was his career average, as you (or someone, I don't remember) said he was "a career 7 yard passer" or something like that. I was just correcting his career number. Yes, 7.8 was for 2018.

"Total" anything is a pretty garbage statistic. They have weak correlations to winning/losing. For a qb, it ignores run/pass ratios, attempts, tempo, and how your run game is helping/hurting. JG had to deal with having the worst rushing offense in the SEC. It's not that curious why he didn't get many TD opportunities. Defense wasn't a great help either, though not a complete hindrance.

You are going to judge him on total passing yards, yet he had the fewest attempts in the league. See how little sense that makes?

YPA is at least a better starting point (higher correlation to winning). From there you can go further into QBR and advanced stats, such as S&P+, taking into account opponents and tempo. Total yard stats were left for newspaper writers and casual fans well over a decade ago.

Ok lol defend the dude all you want but we will get nowhere with him as the starting qb not hating on the kid because he’s a tough SOB but I’m a firm believer in stats because it’s basically a pedigree or someone’s personal “blueprint” to getting better or worse so here is another stat for you when it comes to JG.

Jarrett has always been a good looking QB “stat” wise on paper his whole career even in high school and that’s where I will start with this,the whole 4 years of high school he had a total passing yardage of 3,028 on 417 passing attempts completing 253 of those making his passing completion percentage at (.607) “not bad”.averaging 12.0 yards per completion with a QB Rating of 85.3 “very good”.Here is where the kicker starts.All 4 years of high school he threw only 23 total touchdowns and 16 interceptions,while attempting to rush a total of 251 times, managing only a whopping total of 523 yards, that’s averaging 2.1 rushing yards per carrie and 12.5 yards per game.Those stats tell me that’s he’s a conservative QB and always will be.He will make the “safe” or “forced” check down throw like he always has or he will just take a sack,before he will ever take a chance in throwing the questionable deep ball down field, unless nothing else is working and just says “why the hell not”.Fast forward to College,playing 2 years now going into his 3rd season with a total of 16 Td’s and 5 interceptions,those are not starting QB numbers at all,while his QB rating has always been his “silver lining” in his game,his wins and losses are not.

JG is just a conservative QB “game manager “ that will never win us big rivalry games or the possible upset take aways that this team needs to get back to the glory days.i predict by his sr year he will lose his spot to Brian if not later this year.make it a sticky.go vols!🤘🏽🍊

1556203206932.gif

it's weird, they keep changing the rules about kick offs to make it safer

And here I am, an intellectual, who still can't get over how at A&M in 2016 their #12 had a clear and obvious targeting hit on Berry that put him out of the game that wasn't even called.

#stillsalty
Not only that - he pretty much taunted our whole team about it, if I remember it correctly.

Better question...what's everyone's like top shows? You can do still on air and off air if ya want, idgaf. Looking for ideas for the long summer.

(no specific order)
The League
Parks & Recreation
The Office
Peaky Blinders
Frontier
Ballers
Justified
Game of Thrones
Person of interest is one of my favorite shows. I watched it on Netflix.

Reactions: Sleegro
So...I went on Wikipedia and the whole movie plot is on there..wow...that was a lot of stuff happening but I got to say
How does doing everything they do not screw up the whole space time continuum? I mean that was a lot of change, and it would have completely altered soooo much history[spoiler/]
because they go back and put everything where the found it. Banner gives a brief theory why this doesn’t affect subsequent events, and we accept it because it’s an awesome movie and The Hulk told us so

Leaving at 3:30PM for food and a 5PM Fan Experience showing. And no, I'm not checking the time constantly. Really. Unless you consider every 90 seconds constantly.
Such a great payoff for an epic decade of thread weaving storylines. Truly a Marvel to do something at this scale, at a generally high quality for that long, and that many movies without stuff going haywire

What's it about? I've been somewhat hesitant to watch but I hear more and more people say that it's awesome.

Edit: If it's better than Justified, that's some high cotton...

Justified and Peaky Blinders...man that's a very tough choice on which is "better"

Love them both, not sure I could pick to be honest. I'll say the thing that may drive people away from PB is that it's a time piece, so it's set in the early 1900s in England.

Am I the only one that thinks Will Grier is the best QB in this draft?

Also, Daniel Jones is more Erik Ainge than Peyton Manning, if we’re stuck on Cutcliffe QB comparisons.
possibly, on Grier. i think Locke is getting a tad bit of a bad wrap...he's the prototype. has all the physical tools. biggest concern i'd have about him is how he performed against the best compeition he faced while at Mizzou. racked up stats against the middle and bottom tier. not sold that he's a clutch playmaker.

which is why a guy like Grier may have a leg up.....

and just not sure about Murray. is he russell wilson or johnny football in the NFL? too many dissenting opinions on him, which makes me wary.

and as for Jones, they may simply have the wrong Manning comparision.....probably more like Eli than Peyton.....

Such a great payoff for an epic decade of thread weaving storylines. Truly a Marvel to do something at this scale, at a generally high quality for that long, and that many movies without stuff going haywire
DC is the opposite. They've failed at something that should have been easy to do.

What's going on with X-Men? Is that franchise dead film-wise? The 2000 X-Men movie is still one of my favorite superhero films.

Am I the only one that thinks Will Grier is the best QB in this draft?

Also, Daniel Jones is more Erik Ainge than Peyton Manning, if we’re stuck on Cutcliffe QB comparisons.

Yes to the first question, and I agree Jones isn't Peyton. Not sure he's Ainge either though, I think he may be a better prospect than Ainge was (who went in the 5th round).

I just don't know how Lock isn't the clear #1 QB in this class. Has the size, has the numbers, played in the SEC, and showed durability. His only negative is completion % which I would argue isn't all on him.

DC is the opposite. They've failed at something that should have been easy to do.
they were on to something with the Bale Batman series. and i think had Ledger lived, they could have done a lot more with that story line....but then you abrubtly change to the darker Ben Affleck batman for this new round of movies....and now, he's out apparently....

anyway, i agree...feels like they're just rushing to put stuff together to just stay in the game.......and not all of it has been very good. i liked Man of Steel. Wonder Woman origin story was pretty good too....i enjoyed it. batman v superman and dawn of justice....eh.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
it's weird, they keep changing the rules about kick offs to make it safer

And here I am, an intellectual, who still can't get over how at A&M in 2016 their #12 had a clear and obvious targeting hit on Berry that put him out of the game that wasn't even called.

#stillsalty

It was so obvious, but that's SEC officiating for you.

Justified and Peaky Blinders...man that's a very tough choice on which is "better"

Love them both, not sure I could pick to be honest. I'll say the thing that may drive people away from PB is that it's a time piece, so it's set in the early 1900s in England.
Historical setting draws me to it, not pushed away in the slightest. If justified is is a 8.5 i’d put PB a full point ahead. Cillian Murphy is outstanding in it

That historical show with Tom hardy Taboo is another good historical fiction show

Tin Man is another good show in a modern setting

For me the thing that hurts Grier is the fact he's arguably in the best conference for padding offensive numbers (especially passing)

And despite that he played there for 2 full seasons he never lead the conference in any major passing category. I will say this though, he might be closer to the Baker than Murray though if that's what teams are looking for.

Yes to the first question, and I agree Jones isn't Peyton. Not sure he's Ainge either though, I think he may be a better prospect than Ainge was (who went in the 5th round).

I just don't know how Lock isn't the clear #1 QB in this class. Has the size, has the numbers, played in the SEC, and showed durability. His only negative is completion % which I would argue isn't all on him.
look at Locke's numbers against the best teams he faced vs. the rest of the schedule.....he racked up a bunch of stats against the weaker compeition. not so much against the better teams in the league.....some fear NFL quality defenses will expose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back