Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don’t get the hate on this one either. A lot of characters are gonna bite the dust over the next 2-3 episodes and last night’s episode was basically the culmination of 7 seasons worth of character development for most of the important characters in the show.

I think this episode did a good job of:

Wrapping up the threads of why all the characters in Winterfell are there and what many of them mean to each other. It showed the weight of many of the relationships these characters have formed throughout years of shared traumas.

Showing just how out of place Dany is in the North on multiple levels. Not only is she basically a stranger to many of the characters assembled in Winterfell, she sees firsthand the bonds of love and trust that many of those surrounding her have. She comments that she’s only had 2 people like that in her life as she’s surrounded by reunions of people who love each other and will fight to the death for one another. You really get a sense of her being completely out of her element on two different levels this episode, and it made her reaction to Jon at the end that much more interesting.

Hey I’m a kind of a weirdo nihilist and I don’t want that! Just because I don’t believe in any inherent cosmic meaning or purpose to life doesn’t mean I think every story should be utterly bleak.

I’m sure there’s a gap between our beliefs that can’t exactly be bridged, but I do think you could accept (if not totally understand) that for some people who not believing in an inherent purpose, meaning, or plan to existence actually leads to a deeper value of things like love and hope. If the universe isn’t providing an all encompassing reason for hope or love, it makes the love and hope we find and create on our own that much more special 😊
how can it lead to a deeper value if there is no objective reality or morality? If it is all subjective then there is nothing inherently wrong with murdering a man, raping a child , etc. There are 2 miracles that must be considered that we all believe in. The creation of matter, time and space... the beginning..... and the creation of life. One must believe it was caused or uncaused, both miracles. If it was caused then to avoid an infinite regression you must end at a final uncaused source which many believe to be a creator. The origin of information seems to me a very formidable defeater for proponents of the uncaused. They are subjects worth thinking about for sure

Lol imagine thinking youre interesting because you dont watch one of the best shows to ever be made

Big difference in just naturally not being interested and being needlessly obtuse.

There was a twitter post from Slate: "Watching GoT was a thrill. Now it's an obligation. Can we just... not?" which is contrarian for the sole reason of being contrarian.

At least you all aren't as bad as one friend. Got a group chat, four of us total. Two of us are big GoT fans, so we naturally discuss in the chat. One doesn't watch, doesn't care and rarely interacts during the discussions. The other guy though, doesn't watch and has even "preached" to us about how immorally corrupt the show is etc. but then for some reason he would go through the trouble to read about the show...(not read the books) but read articles about theories and even recaps and then come back to preach at us more based on what he read happened in the show he's telling us we shouldn't watch.

:confused:

That surprise you? His favorite things are bass fishing, baseball and complaining about no commitments. That strike you as a wild and crazy guy?

haha jk bass I like fishing too and I only watched season 1 of GOT. I'll binge watch the rest one of these days when it's all over.

I love when people think everyone cares that they dont watch GOT. The obsession with being the hot take guy has run its course. Pendulum needs to head the other way now.
I literally could not care less that people know I don't watch GOT. I just added my name to the running tally. Why do people get so upset when they find out that we don't watch it? That's really the bigger question here.

That surprise you? His favorite things are bass fishing, baseball and complaining about no commitments. That strike you as a wild and crazy guy?

haha jk bass I like fishing too and I only watched season 1 of GOT. I'll binge watch the rest one of these days when it's all over.
I'm a simple man what can I say?

I literally could not care less that people know I don't watch GOT. I just added my name to the running tally. Why do people get so upset when they find out that we don't watch it? That's really the bigger question here.
idk. I also dont care lol. You are more than welcome to stick to Golden Girls or Murder She Wrote. That's your choice.

idk. I also dont care lol. You are more than welcome to stick to Golden Girls or Murder She Wrote. That's your choice.
Actually it's Monk, Psych, and Everybody Loves Raymond thank you very much. My favorite show on television right now though is Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. My wife and I watch that together.

At least you all aren't as bad as one friend. Got a group chat, four of us total. Two of us are big GoT fans, so we naturally discuss in the chat. One doesn't watch, doesn't care and rarely interacts during the discussions. The other guy though, doesn't watch and has even "preached" to us about how immorally corrupt the show is etc. but then for some reason he would go through the trouble to read about the show...(not read the books) but read articles about theories and even recaps and then come back to preach at us more based on what he read happened in the show he's telling us we shouldn't watch.

:confused:
Discussed before but see something very similar in the TV/movie forum threads.

People constantly posting about how they don't watch a show, how bad that show they don't watch is and how they can't wait for the show they don't watch to go off the air.

Guessing so they're no longer "forced" to constantly post about their unwatched show?
One of the oddest humanisms I've seen.

Actually it's Monk, Psych, and Everybody Loves Raymond thank you very much. My favorite show on television right now though is Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. My wife and I watch that together.

All good choices man, solid taste!

The King of Queens & Everybody Loves Raymond are up there with The Office & Friends for rewatching in our home.

All good choices man, solid taste!

The King of Queens & Everybody Loves Raymond are up there with The Office & Friends for rewatching in our home.
I loved King of Queens also. Kevin James is hilarious. Lesser known but underrated comedy was Yes Dear. That was good. According to Jim was alright also. I don't watch much drama shows. I used to watch Arrow but it has really gone down hill. My wife and I have started watching The Fix, it's pretty good.

Reactions: Bret178
Discussed before but see something very similar in the TV/movie forum threads.

People constantly posting about how they don't watch a show, how bad that show they don't watch is and how they can't wait for the show they don't watch to go off the air.

Guessing so they're no longer "forced" to constantly post about their unwatched show?
One of the oddest humanisms I've seen.

I guess I'm too easy going or something. If I don't like something, I just don't like it. I don't see why so many people go from "eh, I don't watch it" to "IT'S THE WORST SHOW ON TELEVISION!" also don't get why people won't accept that not everyone watches/loves all the same books, shows, movies that you do. People is different, just is what it is man...

I'm not a fan of the majority of reality TV shows, I'm not waiting 'round the old Waffle House with knives or anything to challenge fans though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back