Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a feeling Friday that he would win it! After the first few holes I was starting to think that there was no phasing Malinari but it finally got to him. Just an epic moment in sports history! Its crazy to think that as a kid, I watched him dominate and it was awesome! But to see him go through all that he has, ups, downs and injuries, it gives me a whole new appreciation for greatness in all sports!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Now, got to be that guy. Can he put together 3 more majors?

Longshot, but I would say its possible. Probably need to win one more at Augusta, where his experience will help tremendously.

Outside of that, I can see him stealing a British at some point, likely at St. Andrews, if conditions are right. That's another course he plays well.

Then it would just be a matter of winning another odd major somewhere, and he'll probably have to do it within the next couple of years. No telling how long his body will hold up.

Reactions: UTMVol76
HELLO SHANON REID?
Jeremy Pruitt is usually pretty careful with his praise about particular players, but Tennessee’s head coach has clearly seen a jump from linebacker Shanon Reid
“I really like Shannon as a football player. He’s kind of a runner and a hitter,” Pruitt said. “He’s done a nice job. He’s a guy that works hard everyday.”

The South Florida native has gotten bigger this spring and he was one of the two starting inside linebackers Saturday. Reid has played sparingly the last two seasons, as size and scheme (both fit and learning the playbook) have held him back.
Although Pruitt said he still needs to learn the defense better, Reid has positioned himself as the potential starting linebacker in Tennessee’s nickel and dime defense. He switched positions this spring, going from ‘money’ to ‘mack’ linebacker. Clearly, the move has paid off, as Reid looked good during the first 14 practices and led the team in tackles Saturday with 10. He also had a nice PBU, breaking up a pass intended for tight end Dominick Wood-Anderson.

Reid becoming a factor at ILB could really help Tennessee’s depth and defense this fall.
-VQ

Love this storyline from this spring.

Reid is among a number of guys who, at seasons end, I just assumed would be transferring out this year. But it sounds like he's bought in completely in the S&C program, and is making strides to be a contributor. That's like finding money tucked away in your couch cushions. I hope he continues to get better and finds a steady role on this team.

Jacquez Jones is another young man I assumed was gone. Had that bad knee injury, then the fact he was recruited by the previous staff, and basically an invisible man since getting on campus. Yesterday he was making some plays. Nothing extravagant or flashy, but he was catching what was thrown to him and getting on the field over a few more 'seasoned' guys like Brandon Johnson and Tyler Byrd. Would be nice if he also found a role.

While we do need attrition - we also need depth. I figure there will be guys like Riley Locklear, Jaquon Blakely, Solon Page, James Brown etc who will transfer out. Wouldn't be surprised if Byrd and CFA grad transferred out (although I'm not hoping for that). Darrin Kirkland likely medically retires. Etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back