Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he a piece of human garbage? Is it because he had an extramarital affair? I'm sure many of your heroes have done the same thing if you dig.

Many great men of the bible would be considered "human garbage" by today's "Know-All" society
An extramarital affair? Is that what you think? I hear Hitler killed a jew once too.

My wife just ordered me some to start taking. Remain a bit skeptical but willing to give the old college try. I'm 59 and a juvenile onset type 1 diabetic since age 15. Over the past couple of years, I have gotten more and more stiff in the joints and it is starting to get very difficult to even cross my legs or put on a sock. Some pain but not overbearing. My wife has a friend who recently started a business dealing in cbd oil and got a 25% discount. The stiffness is the primary reason I had to give up football officiating 3 yrs. ago. I do miss that.

Have you tried SAM-e? It has strong medical evidence for relieving joint issues and OA. Can be purchased at any grocery store/Amazon.

Sam-E for Arthritis | Methionine | Adenosyl

I wish I could have been there at Neyland today, I'm just feeling way too rough...which reminds me..you fellers that pray, please throw one up for me when you get a chance, I don't talk about it much, but I have extreme chronic pain issues due to extreme osteoarthritis that I have been dealing with since my early twenties, and the last few weeks my health seems to be going off the rails even more. More days and nights are becoming unbearable due to hurting in the 9-10 range in multiple locations. I can't take any heavy hitting stuff that would help alleviate the pain on the worst days because I drive for a living, and I have only been able to sleep 3-4 hours a night the last few days. I know God can move...he has many times. Thanks in advance.
Hey buddy not the prayin' type but i do truly hope you find relief from your pain. There are always alternatives that work for some and not others.

Nobody pulling for orange today (first team D). I know there are some D lovers out there. I love O personally, but I know plenty that are D people. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

As a serious golfer I have always admired Tiger's focus, mental game, and adaptability with his putting. In his early years he benefitted from course set-ups that only a few others could handle. They would keep the rough manageable and tee's set up for his longer driving. Which is where he spent a lot of time off the tee. However, to deny his greatness as a golfer is foolish as he could flat get it done on courses his game fit that appealed to his eye. Which is why there have only been 8-9 courses where he has won just once. He's won at Bay Hill and Firestone like 8 times each.

The downside was he was a miserable human being except for those who did not care about his whole person or agreed with his choices. With the negative personal incidents (plural) and serious injuries something had to give. I am thankful he changed for his sake. However, the media worship never changed and it is disgusting. The game is far bigger and more encompassing than Tiger Woods. Tiger is very good, not great now. He's capable of a great week, but not of sustained elite level success because of age and health. He only has a few years left of highly competitive golf if he stays healthy. The media could help themselves and all golf fans if they would refocus toward the game instead of idol worship.

SIAP

Assistants believe Pruitt is different in year 2

Tennessee’s head coach has had little interest in any public introspection following his first season with the Vols, but as his own assistants outlined this week — a novelty in and of itself — there’s something different about Pruitt in Year 2.

Coming off a 5-7 season, Pruitt is no longer masquerading as a defensive coordinator who also happens to be the head coach. He finally feels comfortable sitting in the big-boy chair. At least that’s what his cohorts believe.

“I see a star emerging in front of my eyes,” co-defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach Chris Rumph said.

From the guys who know Pruitt best — who’ve worked with him at multiple stops and who’ve seen him rise from hotshot assistant to coveted defensive coordinator to first-time head coach — they’ve seen Tennessee’s head coach truly grow into the role this spring.

The work ethic, passion and long hours are the same. But inside the building, Pruitt's demeanor has changed. There’s an uptick in confidence. He delegates more. Per his assistants, Pruitt has taken the lessons learned from a challenging first season and improved — the very things he’s asking from his own players in his second season.

“Honestly, I see a calmer guy,” Rumph said.

"I know it’s going to sound crazy, but I see a calmer guy. I see a head coach. Sometimes, and this is my opinion, I think sometimes when guys come from coordinator to a head coach, I think they try to do everything.

“They want everything to run the right way. Sometimes they get here to get there and they get spread thin, but I think this year I’ve seen a relaxed (coach). I’ve seen a confidence in his staff. I think I see a confidence in the players.”

I can’t speak to whether or not Pruitt is actually “calmer,” but from afar he has shown a newfound willingness to adapt this offseason. This is the same head coach who told VolQuest just last fall he would call the offensive plays if he could. A year later, he decided what’s best for the future of the program is to empower a veteran coordinator with a CEO role. Pruitt’s fingerprints were everywhere in 2018, but he’s still putting his thumb on the scale by ceding some control in Year 2.

“We all know, listen, it’s never easy being a first-time or first-year head coach, especially at a huge program like this,” quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke said.

“And I think, not to speak for him, but I think he’s learned a lot in his first year, just like we all would. He continues to find ways to make sure that we’re staying on top of our game in all areas, whether it’s schematically, whether it’s recruiting.

“He’s a relentless worker, and I think as he becomes more comfortable as a head coach and spends more time as a head coach, you’ll always learn, and I think he’s done an outstanding job leading this program. Clearly the vision for the future is very bright here at Tennessee.”

Pruitt's vision has never been in question. He saw first-hand how successful programs were built from Nick Saban to Jimbo Fisher and Mark Richt. But Pruitt has displayed subtle changes this far this spring. He's been more open discussing specific players this spring and he's recently relaxed his “one-voice” policy.

It's it a a true evolution? I don't know, but Pruitt has eased his obsessiveness to control every narrative around his program, allowing all of his assistants to speak with the media this week. Last August, we heard from Tyson Helton, Kevin Sherrer and Chris Rumph once and the three coordinators were never seen again.

Tennessee won’t win or lose games because assistants talked to the media, but the positives from their insight far outweigh the negatives. The interactions allow fans to connect with the program more, and just this week, Rumph, Weinke, Tracy Rocker and Tee Martin all showcased strong, engaging personalities while offering up legitimate insight about the team.

“In Year 1, you try to do so much, and you don’t get a chance to see everything,” Rumph said.

“I think you take the offseason and you sit back and you say, ‘OK, where can I improve? Where can the team improve?’ I think when you sit back and you look at it, you have to do a self-check yourself.

“We all do it. I do it. ‘Where was I crappy at?’ Not saying that he was crappy, I’m talking about myself, when you look back and say, ‘OK, where was I crappy at as a coach? How can I get better? Who do I need to talk to help to get better?’ Then you apply it and things happen.”

Perhaps Pruitt truly is growing into his head coaching role.
-VQ

5 Storylines to follow for tonights O&W game

Does Guarantano + Jim Chaney = a perfect match?
A year ago, Guarantano was named the MVP of the Orange & White Game but the redshirt quarterback still showcased some of the very flaws that would hold him back at times in the fall. Under Chaney’s stewardship this spring, Guarantano has constantly sung the praises of his fourth offensive coordinator in four years as it appears Chaney has brought the best out of the veteran starter. Schematically, the offense won’t look a whole lot different today, but there’s no doubt, Tennessee’s quarterback is much more confident than a year ago.

Are there any impact guys along the defensive line?
New defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley noted this week that he feels like he has enough talent on defense, but the secondary coach was quick to note the unit’s strength starts in the backend.
The Vols are replacing all three starters from a year ago, as well as reserve lineman Paul Bain. This spring has been a work in progress for Tracy Rocker’s unit, as the veteran DL coach admitted he wished he played more young bulls a year ago.
Matthew Butler has had a strong camp, but while John Mincey, Aubrey Solomon and Latrell Bumphus have flashed. Who shows up today?

Can Tennessee block anybody?
On Thursday, Will Friend thought Tennessee’s offensive line had made real progress this spring, but the OL coach still didn’t think the unit was anywhere close where it needed to be.
The Vols have cross-trained and rotated lineman at various spots, but with Brandon Kennedy limited with a knee injury, Jerome Carvin looks to be a potential valuable swingman at center or guard.
Right now, Jahmir Johnson seems to be the only offensive lineman assured of a starting spot, but guys like Carvin, Wanya Morris, K’Rojhn Calbert and Nathan Niehaus have all battled to be in the mix with the first-team.

Will any newcomers shine?
Based on the rosters, Morris looks likely to start at left tackle with the 1s, but the former blue-chip signee won’t be the only newcomers fans are interested in watching.
Cornerback Warren Burrell made plays (two interceptions, a scoop-and-score fumble) is both closed scrimmages, while Quavaris Crouch, Jaylen McCollough and former Georgia transfer Deangelo Gibbs have flashed at times this spring, too.
Tennessee is going to need multiple newcomers to contribute this fall, so it will be interesting to see who performs well the first time under the lights at Neyland Stadium.

Which playmakers will steal the show?
Jauan Jennings is finally healthy and the leader of a veteran receiver room, but Josh Palmer and Marquez Callaway have both had nice springs. Jennings has worked a bunch in the slot lately, while Jordan Murphy is pushing for playing time inside, too.
We know Chaney wants to have a physical, downhill running game, which could give a guy like Jeremy Banks ample opportunities to make plays Saturday. Ty Chandler is Tennessee’s best offensive weapon and the junior will likely be utilized in the backfield, the slot, jet-motion and out wide.
-VQ

As a serious golfer I have always admired Tiger's focus, mental game, and adaptability with his putting. In his early years he benefitted from course set-ups that only a few others could handle. They would keep the rough manageable and tee's set up for his longer driving. Which is where he spent a lot of time off the tee. However, to deny his greatness as a golfer is foolish as he could flat get it done on courses his game fit that appealed to his eye. Which is why there have only been 8-9 courses where he has won just once. He's won at Bay Hill and Firestone like 8 times each.

The downside was he was a miserable human being except for those who did not care about his whole person or agreed with his choices. With the negative personal incidents (plural) and serious injuries something had to give. I am thankful he changed for his sake. However, the media worship never changed and it is disgusting. The game is far bigger and more encompassing than Tiger Woods. Tiger is very good, not great now. He's capable of a great week, but not of sustained elite level success because of age and health. He only has a few years left of highly competitive golf if he stays healthy. The media could help themselves and all golf fans if they would refocus toward the game instead of idol worship.

Coverage from yesterday:

"Let's shift from Tiger a second to see how our leader is doing. Ok, nice birdie there. OK, back to Tiger. Oh, my! What a putt!"

(Followed by clips of his putt from 16 different angles, with crowd reaction. Coverage continues as he walks to the next tee.)

Like it or not, Tiger being 1 stroke back on Saturday at Augusta in 2019, after everything that has unfolded in his life and career, is the biggest story in golf in years. Probably since Spieth's 2015 season. As you said, he doesn't have that much time left. The media's fixation on him this weekend is understandable, and his play is living up to the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back