Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you were an ABBA person

Not a fan of the music, but they had a certain "charm" back in the day...

abba_-_agnetha___frida10.jpg

Idk, it might not be a popular opinion, but outside of standard handshakes and hugs, I don't really like the cameras focusing intently on player-to-player interactions like that. For the sole reason that it enables sports pundits ("experts" and "analysts") to concoct narratives at varying levels of validity.

Yeah, I'm the same...how many of those moments aren't focused on and then a different narrative can also be made.

But I'm also a fan of the game is over so is the broadcast...I'd rather not watch any of the before or after festivities with sporting events. No need for me to hear the national anthem again, I'm fine with the introductions for basketball because it's cool and tip-off is immediately after.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
The staff interviews today were very positive. They talked about how different Pruitt is. He is much calmer this year, they say. He's not trying to do everything, but has a calm demeanor in the room when they're going over practice and plans. He's delegating well. Rumph said he's a star in the making.

The staff interviews today were very positive. They talked about how different Pruitt is. He is much calmer this year, they say. He's not trying to do everything, but has a calm demeanor in the room when they're going over practice and plans. He's delegating well. Rumph said he's a star in the making.

Think he's over that first year hump and has a staff this year that's more proven and easier to trust. No HC in the country should be worried about having Jim Chaney as their OC, and Ansley has great experience and Pruitt has worked with him and trust him.

SIAP

Chris Rumph talked a lot about how his unit is “night and day” better. Said last year was like the movie “50 First Dates.” Said the OLBs understand the why now.

Brian Niedermeyer was very humble talking about his recruiter award, gave all credit to Pruitt and rest of staff. As for the TEs, he said DWA is much more consistent but still working to have a good day everyday. Mentioned Austin Pope and Jackson Lowe are coming around.

Tracy Rocker admits his unit is very green and doesn’t plan on just playing 3-5 guys this year. Wants more leadership and consistency from Gooden. Said his best player this spring has been Matthew Butler.

Chris Weinke said he’s “re energized” being back in the QB room. He’s spent the spring working with Jarrett focusing on more of the cerebral aspects of being a QB. Weinke also joked that he asked Fulmer for an invite to the ‘98 reunion last year bc had he not gotten hurt (broke his neck in Game 10) then FSU would’ve won the title.

Weinke not a believer in changing QBs throwing motions. Just adjustments to lower body, focusing on pocket presence and footwork.

All four coaches talked about Pruitt and how’s he’s changed in Year 2. Rumph said he’s clearly more comfortable and much “calmer.” They also said his vision is clear but now he’s delegating more.
Simonton

With all the negativity on here surrounding Rick Barnes getting paid and Pruitt telling the truth, I think people are forgetting that The Masters starts tomorrow and Game of Thrones final season starts on Sunday. Plus I have a new coffee maker, so I'm very happy at the moment. :)
thanks for heads up on the masters, totally forgot

Reactions: chargervol
SIAP

Simonton
Matthew Butler bout to be a force on that DL. I always liked that kid in recruiting. I remember a long interview once with him where it seemed like he had the mental makeup and drive to be excellent. Really glad to see he's been developing and getting better. We need him and many others on that DL to take a step or three forward.

Matthew Butler bout to be a force on that DL. I always liked that kid in recruiting. I remember a long interview once with him where it seemed like he had the mental makeup and drive to be excellent. Really glad to see he's been developing and getting better. We need him and many others on that DL to take a step or three forward.
Glad to see Jackson Lowe is already making an impact as well.

Glad to see Jackson Lowe is already making an impact as well.
Definitely. I expect he'll be a factor this fall if healthy. Big that he was an EE and even more important is that he showed up 250lbs. Not one of these 210lb WR's that need 3 years to bulk up to play TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back