Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

I much prefer that approach over Pruitt's excuses. I like Pruitt, but Plenty of teams have crap to work with and scheme and develop it (mizzou, baylor briles years, okie st, etc). Not hating terribly on pruitt, but butch got ripped for lowering expectations his own way, then pruitt says we dont have the right guys and he'll recruit over them (lowering expectations, making excuses, buying time, etc) and fans run to his side in spite of the guys playing that give their all. I just want coaches to COACH, no excuses. If you have less talent, outcoach others (like..hmm...Barnes) rather than saying your kids stink.
He was talking about effort not talent. I totally understood where he was coming from having been a teacher. I could take an average TCAP to above average if they would put forth the effort. I also had many that were way above average but refused to even read the questions on half the tests knowing they would still get average scores.

Yo @chargervol, sending many prayers up for you sir. I know it has been a hard road to this point, but God is the ultimate restorer. We're all pulling for you. Prayerfully the Lord pulls a miracle out and restores you overnight or mayhaps he has a doc come in and whip you back in to shape. Either way works! You're a great example of strength though, but you know that.

The basketball forum might be dumber than the football forum.

Now that we've locked down Barnes, he's absolutely worthless as a coach and even Cuonzo is better, apparently.

It really is. People think we could have hired Jay Wright, Izzo, and anyone else with the $4.7 we spent on Barnes. Sorry, guys, we may have a great fan base, but we have some dumb ones too.

Guys and Gals, I need your thoughts and prayers again. As if life hasn't delivered enough tragedy to me in the past couple of months (the house fire, losing my cat, and my mom being sick (but thankfully slowly recovering), I'm typing this from UT hospital and staring down the possibility that the person who I've shared nearly my entire adult life with may have cancer. He's my partner, my best friend and soulmate (I know most of you didn't know I was female while a few of you jackholes are thinking "no wonder she likes the LVs" lol) and I honestly don't know what I'll do if it comes back cancer.

I feel like life is pushing me to absolute limit right now. Thoughts, prayers, stupid jokes, or any other silly diversion is welcome right now.

DeAngelo-Gibbs-car-2-by-Deon-Gibbs_uat6en.jpg

Deon Gibbs and his son always had a debate about which was the shortest route to school. That created some doubt when they set about finding him after he called to tell them about his accident.

Did they follow Dad’s choice? Or did they follow the path DeAngelo always felt was the logical trip?
“I got to the end of the road and said ‘Lord take us to where we need to go’ and we went the route DeAngelo would normally go,” Deon Gibbs said.
It was pitch black and out in the county.
Deon Gibbs rolled his car window down as they went down the road.
That was when they got to maybe 100 yards from where he would eventually find his son.
His wife was in a panic. That was normally the role Deon would play. Not this time.
“We rode out there and I was looking on the side of the road and I didn’t see a thing,” Deon Gibbs said. “We kept riding on past where he could be but then I heard a horn blaring. That was from his car and it was to my left. I just knew it was him. I didn’t see anything, but I just heard a horn from a place that I knew that I should never hear a horn coming from out there at night.”
His son was in the woods. He knew it and told his wife that.
“When I said that, my wife just went ballistic with worry,” Deon Gibbs said.
Karen Gibbs had been calling her son, but she kept losing him. The first calls that DeAngelo made to his mother came while he was still pinned in his car. He would eventually kick his side door open and wiggle out.
When his father finally got out of their car, he took off in search of that blaring car horn in the woods. Ask him about it today. He’s not sure he would have ever found his son if not for that relentless horn.
He told his wife to stay in the car. Gibbs had no idea what to expect.
“I start walking toward that car and could vaguely see what looked like to be tail lights,” Deon Gibbs said. “By that time, DeAngelo was back on the phone with his mother. He heard him talking as he came out of the wood line.”
“DeAngelo,” his father called out? “Is that you?”
Gibbs said “Yes, Dad” and walked over and handed his father his cracked-up cell phone. His son was bleeding and in considerable pain. Deon noticed that right away.
They plopped Gibbs in the back seat of their car. The plan was to take him to an emergency room, but when they got back on the phone with 911 a recommendation followed to stay there.
The emergency medical personnel arrived within 2-3 minutes.

When they arrived, the head nurse set forth to see the car. Deon Gibbs never saw it. He only went as far as he had to in those woods to collect his son.
“When the head nurse got there and saw the car she said we could not take him to the emergency room,” Gibb said. “He had to go to a trauma center because he had a serious accident.”
It was an hour later before the family was able to hold a significant conversation with their son. He kept going in and out because of the severe concussion he suffered.
Their son normally does not shed tears. He did this time.
“He just said ‘Dad, I thought I was going to die tonight’ to me,” Deon Gibbs said.
The only thing he remembered from his skid off the road was a memory of his beloved grandmother.
That’s his wife’s mother and the mother of his two uncles (Dale Carter and Jake Reed) who played so many years in the NFL.
She’s known as “Ma Pat.” Patricia Mitchell would not let them take their kids to a day-care center. “Ma Pat” basically raised all of Deon and Karen’s children.
She passed away in 2011. Deon Gibbs said his son brought up their “Ma Pat” after he asked why he didn’t hit his brakes.
“He told me the only thing he remembered was his granny,” Deon Gibbs said. “He said ‘My granny was running behind me and she grabbed me before this car hit anything.”
Those words brought on significant emotion.
“For us, we knew that it was then angels keeping him here for a reason,” Deon Gibbs said. “When he said that, it gave us confirmation that ‘Ma Pat’ was still in the mix and making sure our babies were still being taken care of.”
Gibbs told his father that his granny was running behind him and she caught him before he hit another car.
“People can believe what they want to believe but I am telling you that my wife and I think that all of this was divine intervention that our son was able to go through all that and come out of it the way he did,” Deon Gibbs said.

UGA freshman DeAngelo Gibbs describes his harrowing 'brush with death'

Guys and Gals, I need your thoughts and prayers again. As if life hasn't delivered enough tragedy to me in the past couple of months (the house fire, losing my cat, and my mom being sick (but thankfully slowly recovering), I'm typing this from UT hospital and staring down the possibility that the person who I've shared nearly my entire adult life with may have cancer. He's my partner, my best friend and soulmate (I know most of you didn't know I was female while a few of you jackholes are thinking "no wonder she likes the LVs" lol) and I honestly don't know what I'll do if it comes back cancer.

I feel like life is pushing me to absolute limit right now. Thoughts, prayers, stupid jokes, or any other silly diversion is welcome right now.
Prayers for healing and comfort!!!

We reaLly need someone to stretch the field. I like our WRs but i wish we had that guy who is just there to run 9s and May only have like 20 15 catches but a few of them are long TDS
I'll always remember the offensive, uh, "playcalling" Bama used against us when they had Amari Cooper.
"Everyone else run around like you're doing something, Cooper, go long!".

My gawd that was tuuurible.

Reactions: Easttnken

Praying for you and your family.

Totally true, the experience trumps for most. Maybe I would go now that the trumpet player isn't having his spring parade shenanigans going on. Lyle basically ruined the o&w game for me. Fuzzing clown!
Definitely agree about him ruining the orange and white game (and coach's show) They asked Pruitt what he is going to do and he said, "Play a game". The Jeremy Pruitt show went back to the no-nonsense, going over the plays. It was obvious that Butch liked things to be about him-- I have noticed he always seems to be close to the TV camera during the Bama games.

Reactions: Devo182

The revelation that you are not a male is akin to finding out @HankHill is a man of color. Both shake the core of what I believe about life.

I’ll be in town in June and would love to come pray for him, if you’re open to that. I know you are skeptical regarding religious faith, so if you don’t want to have those conversations, i’ll respect that and still come to pray. Of course, I’m open to conversation as well. I have a great respect and love for skeptics

My VN username @yahoo.com if you wanna get in touch.

@SmokinBob was another one

I used to assume she was a 62 year old trucker, rolling across America carrying thousands of cases of PBR. The remnants of 10,000 Marlboros deeply entrenched in his Bill Dance era cap, and the faint stains of sauces from a dozen gas stations still lingering on his 1985 sugar bowl shirt held together by ever decreasing threads of cotton.

Now, I just assume she is Meg Ryan

🙏🏻

Reactions: ChattaTNVol

My wife is a breast cancer survivor. I will give you both the same advice I gave her after it was confirmed and we settled down ..... KICK IT'S ASS!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope that the test results come back with a more faverable diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back