Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious as to why they were giving him orders in the first place if he was just walking and why they eventually tried to detain him which ended in him being arrested? I didn’t see anything about any other charges... so? Seems like a very weird situation.

Edit: I wonder what the probable cause for the officer to place his hands on George was.
Black guy

Edit seems I want be the only one that thought this

Reactions: UTProf and MoCo_Vol
Could be. Who knows. He had no marks on his mugshot so it doesn’t seem to me like the altercation was too serious. If the officer did indeed strike first without him resisting arrest, that will come out. It’s a good thing for all parties involved that almost every PD requires the usage of body cams.
If it's like Memphis they will just turn off body cams

Pure speculation, but having watched far too much Live PD it usually begins with a person acting evasively, reaching in pockets, won't give their name, etc. Then the officer is concerned they will flee so they say "you are just being momentarily detained, not arrested" and then the person freaks out. Half the time the encounter simply begins because the person is walking in the road, stumbling, or loitering.
Ypu will see only only what they what you to see. I highly doubt they would ever show something that would put them in a bad light.

This. I've seen one guy who was sub 4.5 in my entire life in person, I clocked him at 4.33. He was mid/late 20s at the time, and he told me he had D1 offers for ball, but messed it up.

At the time I didn't think anything about it or even believe him to be honest. Got a little older and decided to investigate and sure enough I found him. He had played at Oak Ridge and had a couple dozen offers from D1 schools even saw a SEC school or two. He tore an ACL his Junior season in the playoffs, missed the bulk of his senior year. Still had some smaller school offers, but while rehabbing got hooked on pain pills and then didn't even graduate.

He was 5'10" or so and a solid 200lbs. He said in HS he was clocked in the 4.2s (obviously that was hand timed so who knows how accurate). I explain all that to say he was ungodly fast, we'd have games in the front yard and all sorts of HS players etc. would show up, guys who were actually good players too. Smoked 'em all, we had to outlaw hand-offs just to prevent him from getting the ball too easily. Used to just hand him the ball and he'd run to the corner and scorch everyone.

Yeah, people underestimate the insane athleticism of even benchwarming D1 athletes. Fat guy touchdowns look funny but those guys often still run faster than average Joes who are in shape and consider themselves fast.

3HL did a contest a few years ago after the NFL Combine because a bunch of dudes said they could run sub 5 second 40s. No one even came close except one guy who was a former collegiate baseball player, IIRC.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
According to the report, once in custody, George said, "He hit me first. Why can't I hit him back?"

x1000. The fact that cops are harass/assault/kill people at their discretion with no repercussions (whether in self defense or being held accountable in court) doesn’t sit well with me and is why I will always back the 2nd amendment.

It’s bad. There’s so many good officers out there but there’s a lot of people that i went to high school with that were definite racists and are not smart or emotionally stable enough to be a cop. It’s really sad.

I want to make something abundantly clear. I may have made some comments that came across as being sympathetic to Kenny’s case and I may have made some comments making light of the situation. I do not want to give any one the wrong impression. If you can’t do the time don’t do the crime. Period.

When I was a young kid I remember my Dad telling me this story about something that happened long before I was born. This guy, a spiritual guru or something stops by a church one day and there was a sort of holiday festival going on. Now that I think about It, it could have been bit like a spring break crowd. Anyway, people are playing church bingo or something and this guy marches right in and starts turning over all the tables, throwing everything this way and that. Very disorderly. Eventually they catch up to him, throw the book at him with all sorts of charges then beat the every loving you know what out of him and then kill him. I don’t even think he was black. Dad never said. The point is don’t do the crime if you can’t pay the fine. Words to live by.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It’s bad. There’s so many good officers out there but there’s a lot of people that i went to high school with that were definite racists and are not smart or emotionally stable enough to be a cop. It’s really sad.
And something to add to that. Troopers are in dire need of more officers and are taking what will come. The department's don't have much of a pool any more because of everything that is going on in this world no one wants to be an officer.

Reactions: volfanCLT
I want to make something abundantly clear. I may have made some comments that came across as being sympathetic to Kenny’s case and I may have made some comments making light of the situation. I do not want to give any one the wrong impression. If you can’t do the time don’t do the crime. Period.

When I was a young kid I remember my Dad telling me this story about something that happened long before I was born. This guy, a spiritual guru or something stops by a church one day and there was a sort of holiday festival going on. Now that I think about It, it could have been bit like a spring break crowd. Anyway, people are playing church bingo or something and this guy marches right in and starts turning over all the tables, throwing everything this way and that. Very disorderly. Eventually they catch up to him, throw the book at him with all sorts of charges then beat the every loving you know what out of him and then kill him. I don’t even think he was black. Dad never said. The point is don’t do the crime if you can’t pay the fine. Words to live by.

Yeesh. Death penalty seems a tad harsh for flipping bingo tables.

And something to add to that. Troopers are in dire need of more officers and are taking what will come. The department's don't have much of a pool any more because of everything that is going on in this world no one wants to be an officer.
It’s because the pay is ****. Like everything in this world, you get what you pay for. If we want better cops then we need to pay for it. I’ve always been for having less cops that make more money. Obviously when you pay more money, they should be better trained, more qualified.

How it works now is they take any average joe, pay him 30K/year, give him a gun and ultimate authority over society. It’s crazy to be honest.

You saying Jesus deserved what he got?

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back