Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way he can improve his stock is by shooting the 3 ball more and at a much better percentage, but thats not his game. I think hes gone. He's already won POY twice, dont see his stock improving.
Ball handling can be improved upon as well. In the pros, he'll have to be able to handle the ball more given the position he would/could play. I think he could definitely improve his skills.

I do.

He has the experience. He's made it to the final four.
I like Barnes a lot - but he underachieved a lot at Texas.

Things can change and he’s done a really good job here - but I’m still kind of on the fence of saying he puts us in a championship caliber position. This year will tell us a lot.

You can get in the Fat RB Hall of Fame for being exceptionally good, exceptionally fat, or a combination of both. One season as a fat runningback is all that's required to qualify because fat runningback is like a shooting star and not meant to last forever.

Fat RB Hall of Fame:
Jerome Bettis
2008 LenDale White
Craig "Ironhead" Heyward
Natrone Means

Honorable Mentions:
Mike Tolbert
CJ Anderson
Eddy Lacy
Chris Warren III
Ron Dayne

Honored for Contributions to Fat Guys Running Footballs:
William Perry

Only way he can improve his stock is by shooting the 3 ball more and at a much better percentage, but thats not his game. I think hes gone. He's already won POY twice, dont see his stock improving.
I don't think it comes down to "stock improving" with Grant. He knows her is going to be successful in some career path. Her knows he will play basketball professionally at some level. And that he just make even more money in his post-basketball career. While many college athletes grow tired of the responsibilities of classes I think Grant actually enjoys classes. He enjoys learning. I think it's likely he takes the opportunity to get another year of school for free and get another degree. Plus enjoy another year of his teammates and the college basketball atmosphere.

I don't think it comes down to "stock improving" with Grant. He knows her is going to be successful in some career path. Her knows he will play basketball professionally at some level. And that he just make even more money in his post-basketball career. While many college athletes grow tired of the responsibilities of classes I think Grant actually enjoys classes. He enjoys learning. I think it's likely he takes the opportunity to get another year of school for free and get another degree. Plus enjoy another year of his teammates and the college basketball atmosphere.

He also could have a slump season or get hurt and see his stock drop. It’s a tall order to expect to raise his hot commodity status even more next year than it is now.

He also could have a slump season or get hurt and see his stock drop. It’s a tall order to expect to raise his hot commodity status even more next year than it is now.
You did not seem to pick up what I was putting down in my post. I don't think "possible injury preventing him from having an NBA career" will play hardly any factor at all in his decision. His fallback if that happens, which the odds are very slim, is to still have a very successful profitable career. He is not one of those college athletes that really needs to capitalize on his athletic career to have a punchers chance at a successful life.

Reactions: OrangenSC
You can get in the Fat RB Hall of Fame for being exceptionally good, exceptionally fat, or a combination of both. One season as a fat runningback is all that's required to qualify because fat runningback is like a shooting star and not meant to last forever.

Fat RB Hall of Fame:
Jerome Bettis
2008 LenDale White
Craig "Ironhead" Heyward
Natrone Means

Honorable Mentions:
Mike Tolbert
CJ Anderson
Eddy Lacy
Chris Warren III
Ron Dayne

Honored for Contributions to Fat Guys Running Footballs:
William Perry
I think you could slide Franco Harris in there somewhere as well. He was quite large in that Steelers backfield back in his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back