Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in 20 of our 29 wins we won comfortably by double digits...I feel like winning by 20 doesn't help as much as getting Jalen or Walker 6 extra minutes of game time. My opinion at least.

It’s a fine line. There were probably a couple of games to get the bench more minutes. Pons played 20 minutes against UGA. Against Arkansas, our defense was so bad the second half, we had to keep scoring. At UF, it was a one possession game very late. At USC, we were up 65-61 with 11 minutes left. At A&M, it was 78-72 with 7:45 left. Mizzou at home, it was 60-52 with 6:45 left. UF at home, it was a single digit lead halfway through the second half.

It’s just tough calls when you are only up single digits late in a game. You want your guys getting experience, but you have to close out the game.

But in 20 of our 29 wins we won comfortably by double digits...I feel like winning by 20 doesn't help as much as getting Jalen or Walker 6 extra minutes of game time. My opinion at least.
I always wondered why the other guys didn't get more minutes in lopsided wins. Let them get game experience.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Article on The Athletic where 16 of their CBB staff writers make Final 4 and National Champion predictions...

12/16 writers picked UT to make it to Final 4. Four of those picked UT to lose to Gonzaga in final game. Three picked UT to lose to Duke in Final game. And 4 picked Vols to lose before Final 4.

Media likes the Vols.

Its been a great year but if we end up with nothing to show for it ill be disappointed. Auburn has single handedly effed our season up so far. But as LA Vol (i think) said...

Regular Season X
SEC Championship X
Final Four ?

One more chance to get what we know this team is capable of.

Article on The Athletic where 16 of their CBB staff writers make Final 4 and National Champion predictions...

12/16 writers picked UT to make it to Final 4. Four of those picked UT to lose to Gonzaga in final game. Three picked UT to lose to Duke in Final game. And 4 picked Vols to lose before Final 4.

Media likes the Vols.
What about the last vote? Did we win it all? Or lose to someone not named Duke/Gonzaga?

4+3+4 =/= 12

No matter how anyone feels about Holly or the team, the LVs making the NCAAT benefits UT and UTAD. The legacy is good for future teams and the future of the program.
Yea, I've been torn. If it was 100% guaranteed that Holly would not be the head coach next season if they missed the tournament and 100% guaranteed that she would be back if they made it, I'm not sure where I'd fall.

Media likes the Vols.

12/16 Volnation members: "Colgate is the best 3-point shooting team above 42.8 degrees latitude since March 4, 2019. Vols lose by at least 30".

3/16 Volnation members: "Vols will squeak by Colgate but get crushed by Cincinnati in front of their rowdy hometown crowd of 84,352".

1/16 Volnation members (Catbone): "Vols will miss the bus and forfeit the game to Colgate, likely out of fear of the embarrassment they would face when they inevitably lose".

I think the one sentence on TOS article is very telling about strength and conditioning: "They’re still not nearly where they need to be as a team, but for the first offseason in a while, the Vols didn’t take a step back, either."

Those predicting double digit wins next season, might want to pump the brakes. I'm excited to think we are making progress, but we likely don't get 10 wins until we get where we need to be in strength and conditioning.

Reactions: Catbone
I think the one sentence on TOS article is very telling about strength and conditioning: "They’re still not nearly where they need to be as a team, but for the first offseason in a while, the Vols didn’t take a step back, either."

Those predicting double digit wins next season, might want to pump the brakes. I'm excited to think we are making progress, but we likely don't get 10 wins until we get where we need to be in strength and conditioning.

We are gonna win 10 with the bowl. Book it.

Its been a great year but if we end up with nothing to show for it ill be disappointed. Auburn has single handedly effed our season up so far. But as LA Vol (i think) said...

Regular Season X
SEC Championship X
Final Four ?

One more chance to get what we know this team is capable of.

I think it's a very successful season even with an Elite 8. Matches our high point as a program. This team is capable of getting to a FF but their unsteady performances over the past month make me worried about the possibility of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back