Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest concern I have is that this team played its "championship game" yesterday. Such a huge win, but it's 3 hours from tip and it's UK everywhere. Can this team refocus all that energy and intensity toward auburn or will UK reach out after losing to us yesterday and take us down today? It's as if beating auburn is a foregone conclusion and we're only focused UK.

Ok I've been mad at Jay bilas for most of the last 24 hours.

Just listened to him again and I'm gonna cut him some slack.

He would be making the same argument about us if we were currently on the 1 line.. He's not necessarily advocating for or against any particular team as much as he is advocating against any 1 single game suddenly meaning more than the other 30.... For any team.

Which I agree with.

He would be making the same argument about us if we were currently on the 1 line.. He's not necessarily advocating for or against any particular team as much as he is advocating against any 1 single game suddenly meaning more than the other 30.... For any team.

Which I agree with.

But one (actually, three games if we win today) game does make a difference when resumes are pretty close. Although honestly our resume is much better than Gonzaga’s.

We beat another potential 1 seed yesterday. If that game happened in December it absolutely counts towards seeding purposes.

Which I agree with.

So if two teams are up for a number one seed and one beats the other head to head, you’re agreeing with him that one game should not make a difference? I know it’s not college football where one game can totally knock a team out of contention, but every game should still matter. It seems especially ridiculous to ignore these conference tournaments altogether. Which, if UT wins today yet still misses out on a one seed, is exactly what’s happened.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So if two teams are up for a number one seed and one beats the other head to head, you’re agreeing with him that one game should not make a difference? I know it’s not college football where one game can totally knock a team out of contention, but every game should still matter. It seems especially ridiculous to ignore these conference tournaments altogether. Which, if UT wins today yet still misses out on a one seed, is exactly what’s happened.
No... That's not what I'm saying. Abd I don't think he is either. He's not arguing merit.

Just saying that if after 30+ games you believe teams a, b, c, d are the top 4, how does one game change that all the sudden.

The merits of who those teams should be is a different argument...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back