Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a look at rush/pass/total yards for both offense and defense over the past 10 years. Obviously, especially on defense, the mix is going to be determined largely by what type of teams (running or passing) that are on our schedule that year and to an extent the strengths and weaknesses of our defense. I got to believe our pass defense should improve this year and with the additions to our linebacking corps maybe we can at least hold our ground in the run game.

ScreenHunter 31.png

ScreenHunter 33.png

I figure there are some here like me that like to get a lot of the tidbits that come out of practice that may not be included in Finger's FF threads. Vince Ferrara is one of my go-to people for reports and especially videos. I finally got around to checking his notes on the first 3 days of our spring work this year.

UT Football Spring Practice 1 – Views, Notes, Weight Gains, New Positions and Numbers | WNML-AF

Views and Notes From Tennessee Football Spring Practice 2 | WNML-AF

Views and Notes From Tennessee Football Spring Practice 3

Thank you so much for posting this. Wasn’t aware of this site and I need my constant Vols fix.

Here's a look at rush/pass/total yards for both offense and defense over the past 10 years. Obviously, especially on defense, the mix is going to be determined largely by what type of teams (running or passing) that are on our schedule that year and to an extent the strengths and weaknesses of our defense. I got to believe our pass defense should improve this year and with the additions to our linebacking corps maybe we can at least hold our ground in the run game.

View attachment 197524

View attachment 197525

Love how we had the best run D last year in a decade. I find that enouraging. Our pass D took a step back, but that was no surprise. Feel confident Pruitt will keep this thing moving forward and hit new defensive highs for the post-Fulmer era and on.

I stand by what I said.
If anyone else disagrees, meet me at the waffle house. We can discuss our differences over a double order of scattered smothered diced capped and chunked.

Not sure what I’m allegedly disagreeing over, but I’m up for a knife fight if we do it scattered smothered covered peppered and chunked.

Not sure I follow. Just going to drop this and hope you do the same. Peace~
My understanding:
As fans, we tend to exaggerate issues, NO doubt. But there are issues and bias in college sports, always has been.

When someone makes a series of posts pushing the concept that the judging uses zero bias, the take is questionable. It's basically pushing the idea that those judges are above human nature. It's borderline ridiculous to even suggest.

When someone goes too far with terms like "tinfoil hatters" 🤔

A few here seem so determined to appear above fan bias, they tend to appear somewhat blind to obvious situations where bias does happen.

Strange hill to die on but some just want that 'non bias fan' title so badly.

My take anyways.

Just curious, do you think you would be content paying Barnes 3x the going league salary for one NC over that period of time and Cal’s level of recruiting?

I don’t know... it seems like there really should be a bit more hardware in the case. It’s nice to win a bunch, but year after year, not much to really show for it

I've just always really liked Cal. He stands up for his players and he tells the truth about their performances. He's a great recruiter and coach that shows a lot of respect to good teams. His comments about Barnes the last two years for example. If we didn't have Barnes, I'd want Cal no matter the price. Don't @ me.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
They sound like us except for this.

Zero clue why they think we've ever thought enough about them for a calendar circling.
Given our other games, I didn't even rate them 'quick memo'.
Circling, pshh! 😏
Probably as one of our games we must win to have a successful season, nothing ersonal w them, just a game we really need to win..

Reactions: chargervol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back