Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did I say only? You asked how it was different, Duke v UNC is a rivalry, always highly anticipated with lottery pick player(s)

Imagine being Zion and having people pay thousands of dollars to watch you, making tons of money for the college/community, and not even get to profit off your own name.
You pretty much did right here......

Reactions: Rishvol and bigdan
So what you're essentially getting at is the NBA is using the schools to develop and audition the players. Sounds like the real criminals are the NBA. They should be paying the colleges.

Couldn't that be said of all business and colleges? Isn't college just 1 long audition to see if you have what it takes?

You pretty much did right here......
I used Zion cause he’s their biggest name and the most talked about college athlete right now and he got injured. Idc replace his name with Reddish or Barrett, same principle. Why shouldnt a student athlete be allowed to profit off his own name?

Let the kids profit off their own image while playing in the NCAA and I'm fine with the NCAA not paying them.

Also, this would allow another NCAA Football video game and that's all any of us really want.
Exactly. I have yet to see a good argument why an individual shouldn’t be allowed to profit off their own name. Forget colleges paying them, which wasn’t my point anyways.

I used Zion cause he’s their biggest name and the most talked about college athlete right now and he got injured. Idc replace his name with Reddish or Barrett, same principle. Why shouldnt a student athlete be allowed to profit off his own name?
They are.... College sure as h*ll ain’t free and on top of that they’re welcome to play over seas if money’s the issue

There’s would be no market for a doctor if nobody got sick or injured. What an awful argument
Doctor has to go school, GRADUATE and serve internships and a residency BEFORE he starts profiting...still nowhere near the bank of a star basketball player waiting ONE YEAR to “profit from his name and likeness”. So awesome an argument that you’re not equipped to realize it.

Reactions: A.Vol70
Doctor has to go school, GRADUATE and serve internships and a residency BEFORE he starts profiting...still nowhere near the bank of a star basketball player waiting ONE YEAR to “profit from his name and likeness”. So awesome an argument that you’re not equipped to realize it.
Lol

I was a Vol before the resurgence of the 80s, and I was a Vol during the dominance of the 90s, and I have been a Vol during the hell of the aughts...I am not a Vol because of Peyton or any other bigtime dude, I am a Vol because my bloods runs orange as the East Tennessee clay that I was sprung from.

I was a Vol before the resurgence of the 80s, and I was a Vol during the dominance of the 90s, and I have been a Vol during the hell of the aughts...I am not a Vol because of Peyton or any other bigtime dude, I am a Vol because my bloods runs orange as the East Tennessee clay that I was sprung from.
And attendances has been dropping and less young people are die hard fans than those that got to see super stars like white, Manning, ect. Why do you think that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back