Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Crap. The AAF would have shut down before its second week because it couldn't make payroll according to the Athletic. But Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon invested 250 million dollars and will now be the leagues new chairman. Wow. Dang guys, watch the AAF! We need more football!
Rudy is better

Holy Crap. The AAF would have shut down before its second week because it couldn't make payroll according to the Athletic. But Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon invested 250 million dollars and will now be the leagues new chairman. Wow. Dang guys, watch the AAF! We need more football!
Haven’t watched one second and it’s not on the itinerary. 😴

Good grief

This won’t last will it?
can't see how it would.

can't believed dude invested $250m of his own money. sheesh...that's deep pockets.

giphy.gif

lol you morans.

It's not about the real Rudy or Notre Dame, I don't care about the real life person or the school he went to. It's a film about a kid with everything stacked against him, who's family, friends, teachers, girlfriend, everyone around him told him he'd amount to absolutely nothing and he should just accept that. Go work at the factory and enjoy being miserable. He said, hey **** you guys, I'll decide my fate, you all aren't going to bring me down to your ****** lives. And he decided to go for his dreams, bust his ass working towards that goal and he made it happen. That's what the story is about. I'm sorry some of you don't have hearts and can't see the wonderful story that unfolded.
I feel the same way about Shaft in Africa

The market seems to be saying we don’t in fact need more football.

Good grief

This won’t last will it?
It will if the NFL will get behind it. They want to be a feeder system, a minor league football team to help develop players for the NFL. I can't see how that's a bad thing. Plus, the games have been entertaining so far.

The market seems to be saying we don’t in fact need more football.
First week's ratings were very good. Football will have to improve to keep those viewers or they'll have to do a better job promoting their players. Imo, they need to play up the college aspect. Admittedly, I wouldn't be watching if there weren't former Vols playing in this league. I'm all for VFL's getting second chances.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
It will if the NFL will get behind it. They want to be a feeder system, a minor league football team to help develop players for the NFL. I can't see how that's a bad thing. Plus, the games have been entertaining so far.
why would the NFL invest anything in to this leauge? they have the perfect, cost free, feeder league already.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
First week's ratings were very good. Football will have to improve to keep those viewers or they'll have to do a better job promoting their players. Imo, they need to play up the college aspect. Admittedly, I wouldn't be watching if there weren't former Vols playing in this league. I'm all for VFL's getting second chances.
eh. i really don't care. it's bad football being played by guys that couldn't make it in the NFL, or NFL retreads that probably shouldn't be playing for health reasons.

eh. i really don't care. it's bad football being played by guys that couldn't make it in the NFL, or NFL retreads that probably shouldn't be playing for health reasons.
It's not all bad football. A lot of these guys are former draft picks and some of them will most likely get another chance in the NFL. The football will improve. It's only been two weeks. Good grief.

Opportunity to develop more talent, create more stars, and also more viewers on their NFL network.
i think you're over estimating all of that by a great deal. too many retreads in that league to call it developing talent, and none of them are stars.

at best it's like watching your hometown hero play in a legends game. and are they airing this on the NFL network?

Reactions: GiggerVol
i think you're over estimating all of that by a great deal. too many retreads in that league to call it developing talent, and none of them are stars.

at best it's like watching your hometown hero play in a legends game. and are they airing this on the NFL network?
That's why I said "develop" and "create". Yes, they are on the NFL network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back