Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing anything in the OD-Russell thread. Kind be refusing to let myself step back in that stuff.

Top of the morning to y’all. Looking for a great day of UT basketball. May have some gator gumbo to celebrate tonight.

JG coming been in the works a while. That is who swain had been mentioning a while back. You are seeing the future of this program change in front of your eyes. Take it all in and enjoy it...its a nice change from what has been the norm.

Top of the morning to y’all. Looking for a great day of UT basketball. May have some gator gumbo to celebrate tonight.

JG coming been in the works a while. That is who swain had been mentioning a while back. You are seeing the future of this program change in front of your eyes. Take it all in and enjoy it...its a nice change from what has been the norm.
So we even upgraded the coaching caliber of our VFL's with the staff turnover? This is acceptable.

Guarantano? Gruden? Ah, Jay Graham?

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

Was the To’oto’o recruitment as crazy as it seemed?

Woah!!! And a good morning to you, too, AV!!!

No. If I went to another company I would have to go to another county which would cancel out the pay increase. Yes, everyone doing the same job as me is paid equally. No, not everyone in the company makes the same. Yes, I could make money elsewhere but would have to do something else. So my individual rights to choose are limited by what other organizations offer to me. Just like a football player that wants to play football is limited by whether he wants to take what the organization (NCAA and college) offer him....because the government of those two institutions without the absolute freedom of the individual player keeps anarchy, chaos, disorder, mayhem, etc. from happening.
So you choose to stay there, and you choose not to do something else. So it's your choice.

Stand up and holler at the game, I'll holler back.

I love all the additions to the staff so far this offseason, but I'm also mindful that we've touted continuity in coaching staff as a need for stability of a program (a la Clemson). Just pointing out all these new coaches will need a minute to get up and running and to mesh with the remaining staff. I think they're all upgrades so far, but it's still tough on the players to have new leaders of their position groups almost every year. That's the transitory nature of the coaching profession now, though. Seems crazy Clemson is paying 3 assistants over $1 million, with one of them making $2 million.

I think DA may be the best overall (coaching and recruiting) assistant on staff. I hope his increased duties as a coordinator still allow him to get in the living rooms.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, GBMFO. At least we're back to trying. 😎

JG??

Hold up...JG?? Jay Graham???

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm all for coaching upgrades, but going all in on great recruiters scares me a little only because I feel the actual coaching ability can sometimes get overlooked. It's a fine line getting guys that can both recruit and teach their position. Ansley seems like he can do both. Hopefully any other new hires will be similar. I just don't want to fall into the Butch trap of recruit players then never develop them.
So who have we added that u think can't coach em up?? Sounds like u are borrowing trouble..

Reactions: T Dog and Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back