Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

There’s really no excuse to lose to Vandy, USCjr, or BYU at home. You could reasonably add Mississippi State to that list given everything they’re losing on defense and Fitzgerald being done. I won’t accept losing to Kentucky either given how bad we beat them this year and they’re losing Snell and Josh Allen. If you lose one of those you need to beat Florida or Mizzou on the road. Hopefully Mizzou’s seniors leave for other programs because of the bowl ban. If we don’t get to 8, I’ll be concerned.
oh my

Everyone talking about our record next year...To me, it is just so hard to guess at this point. Both of our lines have a lot of work to do, between now and our first game.

A lot of guys returning on the OLine, but I am not even sure that is a good thing, given how bad we were at times last year. Obviously, we have recruited very well here, but it is asking a lot to expect freshmen to make your OLine much better than the previous year.

On defense, it looks like we are basically starting over, with the exception of Emmit Gooden. We have a couple of JUCO's coming in, but we have no idea how good they can be. We may have some good ones waiting in the wings, but who knows how good they are at this point?

Our line coaches have their work cut out for them. I am not saying we can't have a good season, but it all hinges on how our lines develop.

There’s really no excuse to lose to Vandy, USCjr, or BYU at home. You could reasonably add Mississippi State to that list given everything they’re losing on defense and Fitzgerald being done. I won’t accept losing to Kentucky either given how bad we beat them this year and they’re losing Snell and Josh Allen. If you lose one of those you need to beat Florida or Mizzou on the road. Hopefully Mizzou’s seniors leave for other programs because of the bowl ban. If we don’t get to 8, I’ll be concerned.

Move USCjr from the 1st sentence to the 4th sentence, and I am inclined to agree with every bit of that.

Also, if it takes a bowl game to get that 8th win, I won’t be too concerned either.

OK BIG NEWT DECREES WE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY START DISCUSSING 2020 RECRUITS.

GO.
I'm still trying to figure out why some people are talking about 10 wins next year based off this signing class. I know this is a great class for us but damn. Let's get them in the S&C program for a couple of years and then turn them loose on the SEC. We'll get to 10 wins but I doubt it will be next year.

Yep. I posted this the other day...

The non conference schedule is easier, there's 4 wins.

We're playing a Fitzgeraldless MSU in Neyland, Vandy without Shurmur and Mizzou without Lock. UsCe is at home. UK is UK. (We could take 4 out of 5 in this group)

UF and UGA will he tough, likely losses, but not unwinnable.

We ain't beating Bama.

3 likely losses to UF, UGA, and Bammer. We could win out 8 of of the other 9 IMO.

I'm not worried about next year. Our guys are back on the juice and we got bagmen handing out Benjamins all over the place. We're about to have a roster that looks like Bama's and UGA's. Or the Vols circa 1994-2004.

That's what I'm talking about

And the insanity starts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back