Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
because it looks like they shop at Macys or Nordstrom. lulz

Men wear suits. IMO it's appropriate workplace attire for women's BB coaches. And at their salaries they can afford it.

Holly looks like she dresses in the dark after grabbing some mismatched pieces of clothing at random from her closet. Now if she could actually coach BB, I would cut her some slack about her clothing. :)

Reactions: B EaZy40
Gold from the Jawga boards...

I think the story is easy to read, but we'll never know for sure because Kirby wouldn't dare admit it.

Here's my theory. Kirby knew he was going to 86 Chaney during the 2017 season. But he also knew he had to wait for the right time. Following the 2017 season he made Coley Co-OC and put him in the booth with Chaney. Kirby knew Chaney is a proud man and wouldn't stand for that arrangement long term. He also knew there'd be interest in Chaney, so he just waited for a school like Tenn. to make a move that would interest CJC. Once Pruitt made his move, Kirby could enact his plan of making Coley OC.

By definition this is not a lazy hire, since Kirby has known for quite some time who he wanted as his OC.

Gold from the Jawga boards...

Dude needs a chiropractor after that level of twisting and contorting.

Id question my head coaches competence if he wanted a to fire guy after he jumped my offense from where it was to where he did.

But even yet keep him around for 18' (where he made another positive jump) just waiting for somebody to hire him away so you didn't have to fire him.

Great stuff.

The Chaney hire makes me feel so much more optimistic. And not even just because I think he's a good OC. But because the program is willing to spend money and coaches like him are willing to work for Jeremy Pruitt and a UT program that has been mostly a smoldering dumpster fire for a decade.

I actually think Saban put every single coach on notice that they weren’t irreplaceable and he was upgrading the staff. He’s either in his way out or he’s about to create a super-staff the likes of which we’ve never seen. I want to believe the former.
I think this is more likely than Saban retiring, I’m sure he didn’t like his team being so out coached.
I expect him to get some really good coordinators who can coach.
I hope I’m wrong!

Reactions: OrangenSC
But to make his plan even more maniacal he redid Chaneys contract in 2017...
Those guys are all over it over there. Jawga!

This is continuity . Coley is a beast . Did wonders for Miami with a sub par roster and sanctions. Who here thinks he’ll be at least better than Chaney ..??? I certainly do. That’s all I wanted were right there anyway

I completely agree. It also explains why he put Coley in the booth. All season I was calling for Coley to be on the sideline to calm and reassure Fromm and Fields when things weren't going well offensively. Now we know what that didn't take place.

Seems like the hire was made last year after the flirtation with Jumbo at A&M. Was just announced today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back