Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, that's what i was thinking too. we've talked to several, interviewed a few...i don't recall hearing that there's any offers.

Right. It's not like some people are trying to make it sound. Offers go through legal and are binding. Assistant coaches don't sit on offers for days. There's a clock.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Not if Helton is out there poisoning the well.
He’s not. That’s just more made up bs. Pruitt put together his staff in just a few days after being hired. He’s considered one of the best defensive coaches in the game and being the OC at UT is an elite job that pays over a million dollars a year. So forgive me if I think it’s bs that Pruitt is having a hard time filling the position due to people thinking he’s a meanie. Give me a break.

He’s not. That’s just more made up bs. Pruitt put together his staff in just a few days after being hired. He’s considered one of the best defensive coaches in the game and being the OC at UT is an elite job that pays over a million dollars a year. So forgive me if I think it’s bs that Pruitt is having a hard time filling the position due to people thinking he’s a meanie. Give me a break.
THIS x 10000000

No one is really “officially offered” a deal until they have basically accepted tho. You’re not going to draw up a contract and put it in front of someone to be turned down.
i get that. i just don't think anyone's aware of any offer to anyone at this point. that's all i'm saying.

Reactions: HankHill
This is a bad look for JP. I don’t know if he is severely indecisive or what the issue is but this looks worse each day thus lingers

Can't help us break into top 10 in recruiting, for sure. It's clear, he kicked the tires on Freeze, but was waiting on Enos, but also had his Plan Bs lined up (Briles, Yurcich, Lebby). Once Yurcich passes, it will be interested to see what the new list looks like...Back to Drinkwitz? Wait for Sark/Kitchens/JBC? or finally call Matt Canada.

Forgive my generalization for a moment, but nobody borrows trouble like VolNation.

Helton doesn't have to be vindictive or malicious with what he says.
All he has to say if Pruitt didn't allow him free reign of the offense( we most of feel
Confident is true) and that hurts a lot

Reactions: bigdan
"
I spoke with two 2019 commits who told me the staff literally hasn’t said a word to them about the offensive coordinator situation.

The one place I could see it becoming an issue is trying to add players to the fold for 2019. I can’t imagine it helps the odds for a guy like four-star running back and recent Michigan decommit Eric Gray or top offensive tackle Darnell Wright. But I haven’t heard anything to suggest it’s a major obstacle, either."

Ubben

This right here is what is unacceptable. At least keep these guys informed of the process. Secrecy isn't as useful to athletic departments as they think it is. The media can be your friend and help you destroy distracting narratives (Gruden, Freeze) if you let them. You know the VQs and 247s of the world will eat anything fed to them from UT.

I guarantee that the coaches keep (especially the offensive) players informed and instruct players not to discuss with media. It’s easier for a player to say they haven’t been told anything than to hemhaw around with an answer. IMO

Starting to wonder if people just don’t want to work for Pruitt. It’s bad enough we suck but add to that your boss looks like like a thumb and acts like an a** can’t help.
I can't help but think the same thing. Do you guys think Pruitt is an a-hole as a boss? Rumors of a fistfight with Richt don't really paint him as a dude you want to work for. One of the interesting differences when you become a boss is that people feel differently about working WITH an a-hole and working FOR an a-hole.

Given the amount of time and it's taken to find an OC, has anyone been mentioned as legitimate candidate that's currently in the NFL...like Jim Bob Cooter?

That's the only one that would make sense, given that he played for Fulmer and was more of a coach than a player...

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back