Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, there is already an article accusing Freeze of being a pedophile with first hand sources of girls saying he made them undress in front of them and stuff when he was at Briarcrest.

And a first hand source is closer than the 3rd hand source people here take as gospel against Schiano.

And I’ll get roasted for just stating those facts.

Report I saw was from July 2017, apparently didn't go any farther, and didn't mention how many other layers of clothes the girl had under her Grateful Dead shirt. Regardless, bad form (at the least) for a male faculty member to handle the problem.

Help a brother out here ... is this clay travis stuff y'all are talking about all on twitter this morning, or is their a radio broadcast?

I’m beginning to think no one really knows outside of Pruitt, Fulmer, and Freeze’s camp. Anything is possible right now, but so is the possibility that we errantly thought the PR stuff would come from UT’s side. Maybe it’s been from Freeze’s side all along.

Since supposedly a decision was made, we’ve heard Freeze’s name linked to Auburn, Alabama, FSU, and Liberty (and I might be missing a couple). This all points to Sexton/Freeze driving the train.

Think of it this way, what would it benefit the school to have UT outlets pumping up Freeze? That’s the fox guarding the hen house and doesn’t help perception. And this is 💯 about perception at this point.
yep. lotta different stuff out there. too much for anyone to be considered "right" at this point.

Reactions: Brillovol
I mean, there is already an article accusing Freeze of being a pedophile with first hand sources of girls saying he made them undress in front of them and stuff when he was at Briarcrest.

And a first hand source is closer than the 3rd hand source people here take as gospel against Schiano.

And I’ll get roasted for just stating those facts.

Well, “accusing Freeze of being a pedophile” is a little (lot) strong. There is an article quoting three anonymous girls as saying that he made them uncomfortable. No accusations (other than vague rival fan insinuations) of molestation or anything like that; just that he was too enthusiastic in disciplining girls for their wardrobe on several occasions, basically. Furthermore, we don’t know who these people are or if they are credible, etc.

He had a losing record there.

That's true, but that was because of his first 2 seasons. He received an extension after his 3rd season, in which CMU broke .500, and managed to break .500 the next 2 seasons before leaving for Bama. OTOH, Kiffin, although having an 11 win season his first year at FAU, went 5-7 his 2nd season, so maybe lost a bit of the luster he created that first season.

Well, “accusing Freeze of being a pedophile” is a little (lot) strong. There is an article quoting three anonymous girls as saying that he made them uncomfortable. No accusations (other than vague rival fan insinuations) of molestation or anything like that; just that he was too enthusiastic in disciplining girls for their wardrobe on several occasions, basically. Furthermore, we don’t know who these people are or if they are credible, etc.

Katie Dalmasso was not an anonymous source. That’s the Grateful Dead shirt girl.

Reactions: drylo
I’ll chime in since I have some time this morning.

They aren’t letting anything out. I heard Freeze and Pruit have met and talked, but he also has had conversations with Enos and a couple more people regarding the OC position, that haven’t been mentioned.

He’s talked to at least 4 potential candidates

No info on BOT stalling or anything like that. I only have contact with some guys on staff, no interest in talking to higher ups.

That's true, but that was because of his first 2 seasons. He received an extension after his 3rd season, in which CMU broke .500, and managed to break .500 the next 2 seasons before leaving for Bama. OTOH, Kiffin, although having an 11 win season his first year at FAU, went 5-7 his 2nd season, so maybe lost a bit of the luster he created that first season.
Luster...FAU. They ain’t firing him. And Enos voluntarily left for ARKANSAS. More a realization that he wasn’t cut out to be a HC. Think KIFFIN has ever felt similarly?

hate to keep spamming u guys with this shat but damn some chickens come home to roost with these hypocrites

The mainstream media that covers CFB is suffering from SDS, Schiano Derangement Syndrome. So much schadenfreude for me to enjoy today.

Dan Wolken from USA Today (owned by Gannett Company - the largest print media outlet in the US) literally was serving as a PR mouthpiece for the Currie regime during the bungled 2017 coaching search under Currie. This is literally indisputable, as we know from the FOIA requests for public records. This example of media malfeasance is no different than how politicians on both sides of the political spectrum use the media for their own PR. The RF knows how biased and untrustworthy the mainstream media is (ex: Thanks Jimmy), but the reach of the mainstream media is still considerable. Which is why the influence of platforms like Vol Nation is so important. What the media never expected was that all of Vol Nation would rise up and resoundingly reject the utter incompetence of the Currie Athletic Department. We disrupted the complacency of the Currie AD, and shattered the relationships that had been fostered under Hamilton, Hart, and Currie. We have a winner in AD Phil Fulmer, and we have a winner in Pruitt. That's what Fulmer and Pruitt are concerned with, building a winning football program and Athletic Department. This is no longer a cash cow for a select group of stakeholders, of which the mainstream media is a huge stakeholder. The media is still upset a year later over being exposed over the hypocrisy of the Schiano fiasco, and the media holds grudges. They're now furious over Clay Travis being vindicated and proven correct over Schiano, his lack of bona fides, and his lack of interest for HC positions.

Industry leaders and visionaries generate their own PR. We don't need flunkies working for the AP, USA Today, or ESPN waiting to put out pre-written press releases, I mean articles to smooth over unpopular hires. Pruitt and Fulmer know what it takes to win, and they don't need to mollify politicians and certain boosters to build a winning program. Making the correct personnel decisions, installing a vision, and building a culture is what will generate the right kind of PR. Political appointees derail a coaching search is the kind of dysfunction that winning programs don't have. If this OC search gets derailed, it's time to file FOIA requests, determine who is responsible, and run them out of town.

The media is chomping at the bit to crucify Vol Nation again based on the response of these kind of establishment legacy media figures. Get out in front of this. Fire up those burner accounts on social media. Call-in to your local sports radio shows, and even if they don't take your calls let the producers know why you're calling in. Call into political talk radio to discuss the corrupting influence of House of Haslam at UT and in Tennessee politics. Write letters to the editor at your local newspapers. Tweet at influencers like Clay Travis and others who have reach and are friendly to our cause. The incompetent mainstream media cannot even hope compete with the passion of UT fandom.

This is an inflection point for the UT football program. Are Fulmer and Pruitt empowered, or are the cronies and grifters the ones empowered?

Vol Nation and the UT fanbase at large will do the right thing....the only question is if the political appointees in and around UT will. If the answer is the former, then we will be well on our way to building a championship program. If the answer is the latter, then we need to break out the proverbial tar and feathers and take back our program and our university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back