Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Savion have 3 to play 2? Curious if he's in line to RS this season. Haven't heard too much about him.
Doesn’t look like he will be redshirting. It’s going to be hard to keep him from playing but yes I think he has 3 to play 2.
From what I learned about his recruitment he Redshirted as a Freshman. Has 3 to play 3.

Reactions: smokeyz1
I hope he doesn't share it. Seems way above our pay grade. Only negatives can come from a bunch of anonymous message board posters knowing things like this. Hahaha. If you need examples just look at bruin posts about something as meaningless as prom. Or interpreting negatives about our team from an inky speech trying to pump our team up. We don't need that information.
1566439853166.gif

Reactions: Sleegro and butchna
I don't count Solomon as he cannot even play at this point. I'd switch Darrell Taylor for him.
Agreed. We’ve seen DT have success as an edge rusher in the SEC. We’ve never seen Solomon be more than a rotational player in another conference.

Solomon may turn out to be the better player, but Taylor is the known quantity now.

Where was Butch's resume with wide receivers? He likes to brag about having recruited a good wide receiver but I don't see where it was ever shown that he actually coached any.
WR and RB were the only positions he really ever coached. I just never got the sense that he was comfortable getting really hands on with any other positions. Off the top of my head, I can remember blurbs about Pruitt working in individual drills with DBs, DL, OL, and WRs.

Pruitt may not turn out to be the guy as a HC to get us back where we want to go, but IMO he clearly has much, much more football knowledge than Jones does. I don’t think it’s close at all. That was my only point really.

Reactions: JacketVol
From what I learned about his recruitment he Redshirted as a Freshman. Has 3 to play 3.
This is what I remember also about Savion. I marked Savion and Middleton both listed as 3 to play 3 guys from information that came out around the time of their commitments. Neither of them played in 2017. Both only have JUCO stats from 2018. Then I noticed they were listed as JRs on the roster. I believe the roster will be corrected eventually as I still think both are RS Sophomores.

Reactions: Volnukem
He may have a lot of support....but there is one man there who can single handed blackball JP...and he has said in past he would due to some unfortunate circumstances that occured while JP was at Bama. This is not to be taken lightly and from multiple folks i have spoken with unless major amends are made JP stands no chance at that job in the future.
Pruitt nail the guy’s wife?

He may have a lot of support....but there is one man there who can single handed blackball JP...and he has said in past he would due to some unfortunate circumstances that occured while JP was at Bama. This is not to be taken lightly and from multiple folks i have spoken with unless major amends are made JP stands no chance at that job in the future.
Good. We will keep the future Bear Bryant then 😎😉👍

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Guys and gals, if you get the chance to hear Inky Johnson in person, do it!! He is a great speaker, and videos don't due his speeches justice! Be right back, I've got to replace a couple of brick walls I just ran through!

View attachment 219365
He spoke at a church I used to attend several years ago. Awesome. Spirit of the Lord all over that man.

Just heard Shaw give the explanation for the new rules on blind blocks on sec now

So blockers can’t use “force” now to make those blocks. They simply have to use their arms or just brush the defender on his path. Seems dumb as hell to me as I think it makes the blocker at risk for injury

It’s going to cause a lot of discussion this fall

Reactions: AaronUT
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back