Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ubben is, by far, the best Journalist that covers UT sports. He's informative, insightful, doesn't deal too much in fluff-filled journalism (i.e. "...according to unnamed sources within the SEC..."), and he has decent enough sources that feed him good information that you can take what he writes as being as factually-based as anyone in the media.

I haven't paid for UT information for over a decade (thanks to this site, @Freak) but I am seriously considering subscribing to him...he's damn good.

Do it. Worth every penny.

There’s no real market for objective journalism in sports. We all either want to read the positives about our team or the negatives about other teams. And that’s countrywide in every sport.

Remember, this fanbase threw such a fit about Travis Haney’s article (which was totally correct and foreshadowed what was coming) that he was fired.
There was truth in the Haney article and a **** ton of opinion and unnamed sources. So much of a hit piece, the accuracy became irrelevant.

Even worse, he was writing things that would drive recruits away in droves while working for a company that covered recruiting.
Dumbass deserved to be fired.

When is first full pads practice of Fall camp?
It used to be some strange thing like 10 days before the first Tuesday before the first game or something like that. Now coaches are limited to a number of practices in pads so we won’t know until they put out a practice schedule.

This is a tad early but, I've likened him to Rodney Garner to Fulmer several times to friends, when speaking about recruiting. Hopefully we keep him around a while.

I too have thought Coach Nieds parallels Garner in his importance to recruiting.
And as you said, hopefully we keep Coach Nieds around for a while because IMO, losing Garner to UGA was the beginning of our program going off the rails.

I too have thought Coach Nieds parallels Garner in his importance to recruiting.
And as you said, hopefully we keep Coach Nieds around for a while because IMO, losing Garner to UGA was the beginning of our program going off the rails.

Wish we could steal away Jay Graham too. Surely he wants out of the cult...unless...

Ubben is, by far, the best Journalist that covers UT sports. He's informative, insightful, doesn't deal too much in fluff-filled journalism (i.e. "...according to unnamed sources within the SEC..."), and he has decent enough sources that feed him good information that you can take what he writes as being as factually-based as anyone in the media.

I haven't paid for UT information for over a decade (thanks to this site, @Freak) but I am seriously considering subscribing to him...he's damn good.
I really like ubben. But even he has had some meh articles. The one about gary Patterson started well and I wanted to know more but it wasn't anything new just a rehash that could've been fully stated in a tweet imo. But I think he does a great job overall. I don't always agree with his points but I really appreciate how he presents them. And the subscription is definitely worth it.

Reactions: ob79
Interesting discussion on SECMD about Tommy Stevens - a PSU transfer. Didn't play a lot there, but he'll know Moorehead's offense. Jordan Rodgers seems confident he'll start over Keayton(?) Thompson. Said he saw him at the Manning Camp and he could sling it.

Also a very good runner - career 6.7 YPC rusher.

I think he and Riley Neal at Vandy will be interesting scheme challenges to stop the QB run threat. That seems to be the one thing that has given Pruitt defenses trouble over time. Also another reason I really want King. Nothing in CFB can completely shut down a great DT QB.
Pruitt’s defense shut down Kelly Bryant.

190715_sports-personalities_sidebar.png

18-36, 124 yards, 2 INT

That’s about as shut down as Clemson’s gonna get.
Wonder how much our defense will be improved. He improved us like 40 spots in his first year with 2 freshmen corners. I think we see a massive improvement on defense. Even if the DL isn’t where we want it, there’s talent there, especially if Solomon is approved. Gonna be interesting to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back