Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not the perception is we are getting our teeth kicked in on the recruiting trail.

The question is do we have the horses win enough to close this class with zero momentum going into the season?

I kind of feel like this is going to be the beginning, either the beginning of something great or the beginning of the end. Either way I think we will have a better understanding of exactly what we have.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
So today's regularly scheduled meltdown got me curious. Hopped over to the 247 class rankings to see if we had the fewest recruits in all of college fb.

Turns out that out of 109 listed teams, only 18 have more than 7 recruits.
91 out of 109 have 7 or less. Just not as dramatic as I was led to believe.
But we only get to compare ourselves to the 18.

The season can’t get here soon enough. UNC and UK need to be humbled. Big time. Luckily, history is on our side in regards to both.

Meanwhile, we have an easy schedule by UT standards. And there is no doubt in my mind we will be at least a 7-5 football team. The only question for me is can we get 8?

So today's regularly scheduled meltdown got me curious. Hopped over to the 247 class rankings to see if we had the fewest recruits in all of college fb.

Turns out that out of 109 listed teams, only 18 have more than 7 recruits.
91 out of 109 have 7 or less. Just not as dramatic as I was led to believe.
Who is our #7?

Have you guys heard Pruitt telling high profile guys to wait and see if we win ~8 games and if not then don’t come to us?​
-Price
Yeah. It seems like a week or two ago we were hearing that the staff is hard selling to try and generate a domino effect. I'm sure the message is tailored to what they think will work with each individual prospect.

Like it or not the perception is we are getting our teeth kicked in on the recruiting trail.

The question is do we have the horses win enough to close this class with zero momentum going into the season?

I kind of feel like this is going to be the beginning, either the beginning of something great or the beginning of the end. Either way I think we will have a better understanding of exactly what we have.
Who other than a minority of vol fans actually is paying attention to our recruiting for there to be this awful perception?

You're awesome doc
Naw, just spent years with feet hurting by the end of the day.
If I didn’t say it, always get two pair (at least) and rotate the shoes daily. It takes 24 hours for the sole of the shoe to recover from a days use. It you wear the same pair every day, then the sole won’t be able to recover and it will not adequately cushion your foot after a few months. I read that in a running magazine (I am NOT a runner lol). My shoes would look brand new but kill my feet after about 3-4 months. Now I buy at least two pair (sales are addictive) and they will last longer. I had 3 pair that went 2 1/2 years before replacing them...
As long as my shoes cushion my feet, then my feet, knees and back don’t hurt...

Also hydration is key. I used to try to “camel” it to save time, but it made me miserable because my muscles and joints were essentially dry. Staying hydrated, I can work faster and more efficiently even with bathroom breaks. Biggest bonus is that I am not exhausted at the end of the day.

I turn 57 this year. I need to work at least 12 more years...had kids later, so retirement gets pushed back. I can’t afford to feel old at this point. 😎

Surely not....

So bigsby is the only blue chipper rb we are either in on or pursuing??? Shesh....

Well we’ve tried to gain traction with the kid out of Texas and the big back out of Maryland etc. Hard to do when you have two plus years of horrid OL play on film.

Also don’t forget Lenneth Whitehead and Tirek Murphy.

If one of these guys commit elsewhere soon then TN fans have a legit reason to be concerned

Warning, this is not enough sunshine.

So was the Big Jake character a troll, just bad at predicting where the last 3 recruits would go, or a desperate UT fan trying to speak good news into existence?

I’ve also discovered this to be a thing among us now, but mainly in the FF.

Got any IT (hardware & Windows 10) experts in here?

Recently did a small upgrade, going from 16 to 32 RAM and from an old style HDD to a SSD....suddenly Windows 10 blue screens on me. Had previously never had the issue. Not entirely sure what's the most likely problem, I've done some digging and found it could be related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology a utility that is on my motherboard drivers disk.

Any other ideas though?

Got any IT (hardware & Windows 10) experts in here?

Recently did a small upgrade, going from 16 to 32 RAM and from an old style HDD to a SSD....suddenly Windows 10 blue screens on me. Had previously never had the issue. Not entirely sure what's the most likely problem, I've done some digging and found it could be related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology a utility that is on my motherboard drivers disk.

Any other ideas though?
I'm no expert, but If it were me, I'd put your old ram back in and see if it still happens. That way you can isolate the issue. I'd guess bad ram, but it could be a number of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back