Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pruitt will get it done. Having lived on the Left coast for 18 years (moving home to the South in June) people are just different out here. I don’t think he would have fit in well culture wise.

Never understood this thought on Leach. Southerners can't be open to interesting, absurdist folks? Seems close minded to me of how some perceive the South.

Shoot, he's a Trump fan. I don't get this idea at all.

Never understood this thought on Leach. Southerners can't be open to interesting, absurdist folks? Seems close minded to me of how some perceive the South.

Shoot, he's a Trump fan. I don't get this idea at all.

It literally makes no sense. You think urban Meyer fit in Gainesville? Lol

Talk about strong, non-violent happy endings (giggity) where no one dies except for several character actors who look suspiciously similar to GRRM.

This ending was the equivalent of a happy ending and that's really what makes it so wrong for GoT. Sure there was death but it was pretty much fan service with most people's favorite characters riding off into the sunset on their next great adventure.

This ending was the equivalent of a happy ending and that's really what makes it so wrong for GoT. Sure there was death but it was pretty much fan service with most people's favorite characters riding off into the sunset on their next great adventure.
My gosh man...they literally made Jon kill the love of his life, even though in doing so he probably saved millions more lives including his sisters, and then got banished for it...come on..that was brutal. How could you love with that for the rest of your life? Even Tyrion was not really sure they had done the right thing, as he said "Ask me in ten years" There was nothing happy about any of this.

@bignewt I didn't know he wrote a book that is published, so just thought I would share since he is over here on the RF so much... would be cool if we would support him. I know how hard it is to undergo something like that... a lot of time and brain power. Congrats Big Newt! (He has no idea I did this so don’t blame him) just thought you guys could atleast give it a look for support. Or jump over to The Pub and check out all the info.

Im glad this show is over and done forever. I will rewatch season 1-6 and end it there. Season 7 and 8 were nothing short of garbage. It currently has a 5 out of 10 on IMDB LOL

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Bittersweet and not everybody getting what they wanted.

Reactions: Bret178 and Devo182
My gosh man...they literally made Jon kill the love of his life, even though in doing so he probably saved millions more lives including his sisters, and then got banished for it...come on..that was brutal. How could you love with that for the rest of your life? Even Tyrion was not really sure they had done the right thing, as he said "Ask me in ten years" There was nothing happy about any of this.

Ulysees...my own feeling is that most are never happy with the endings of such epic shows of this magnitude. Like Sopranos and Lost, fans begin to encapsulate intricate mythologies, mysteries, and even their own lives into the show, the depths of which can never be satisfactorily answered or even unwound. Once the show "fails" to satisfy the immense sense of importance in that person's own life, they blame the show itself for not fulfilling these unmet needs and wants.

Nothing to do with GoT itself, just a recurring theme you see in major shows that span many seasons and gain dedicated legions of fans. People get so wrapped up in a show and expect some cathartic payoff, the level of which a mere television show is unlikely to ever be able to deliver to that person in simply wrapping up a narrative. Jmo, but like most real life situations, the payoff is in the journey itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back