Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found your tell.
Find yours first.
giphy.gif

Anyone leaving the door open for Kaep to be considered "scum" just because he knelt in protest is bringing unwarranted validation to a very dumb and small-minded opinion, though.

Take all my upvotes. That guy leaves open to interpretation if someone protesting against black people being brutally beaten by police is scum or not?!?? good lord. Some good ole relativist ethics. gtfoh

Reactions: ChismsHeadband
Or he may just have been undone by his own reputation. Nike may have felt that paying him off would not necessarily have been the last of it. If he's holding info he can keep coming back to the well, and is just the type to do it. So let the feds catch him in his game, have a separate bad guy to mitigate the PR blow a bit and minimize the financial damage.

Either way, when you fly that high and you're not the biggest baddest thing out there you're bound to get swatted down.

Reactions: pismonque
Is ut baseball actually bigger than wbb? I've always had football, mbb, wbb as the big 3 sports, far and away. Never seen a ut baseball shirt being worn, but plenty plenty of lady vols gear.

For me, it's football, mens basketball, mens baseball...in that order. I do wish UT still had wrestling, but title IX ruined that.

Reactions: UTMVol76
For me, it's football, mens basketball, mens baseball...in that order. I do wish UT still had wrestling, but title IX ruined that.

ESPN did a great article on this a while back. Title 9 isn't the problem. NCAA scholarship limits are. Schools could force changes here if they truly wanted to but I suspect they don't mind limiting non-revenue sports.

The silent enemy of men's sports

While I completely agree with this...20 years, man. The VAST majority of 20 years. That's an entire generation that has only known hardship and mediocrity.

It's going to take time and a lot of winning at high levels to get back to late 90's, early 2000's level of respect and expectations from not just the national media but our own fanbase.

We older fans remember how it was and expect to get back there, like NOW...but it's going to take a lot of time and hard work.

We can, should and, hopefully, will make it.

I'm just enjoying this ride. People just need to realize that this TEAM and their gamesmanship, competitiveness, and humility is rare...and I'm going to miss the hell out of them when they're gone, regardless of the outcome...

But...LET'S GET THAT NATTY!!

When you been on the bottom in just about every sport for as many years as UT has, when you did get a successful team you have the its to good to be true mentally. I watch this awesome basketball team and still expect something to go wrong cause unfortunately that's mentally I have developed over the last several years. It's going to take us having consistent winning seasons and hopefully getting over the hump by being the SEC tourney and going deep into the Big show for us to start being more amazing that we lost than the fact we are actually winning. I am so proud of this team and making it to the sweet 16. Now, for them I want them to get to the elite 8 and yes it will be difficult but final four. But for me it already been a successful year. I mean, we actually got a team still dancing with only 4 games left in the entire college basketball season. Most teams are at home watching US play !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back