Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't understand the love for Zion. He's an SEC linebacker that chose to play basketball in the ACC but I don't see him as any better than Grant or Admiral.

Lol he has a 41.9 PER. Admiral is nowhere near his level. Grant is the closest in P5 conferences and he is at 30.5...a full 25% below Zion. In fact, the closest P5 player in the past decade was this kid named Anthony Davis at 35.13. Zion is leading any and all players of the past decade (not sure if prior data exists).

You don't have to see something in watching 1 game or not. Just look at his stats. Nothing like we have seen in modern college basketball.

Lol he has a 41.9 PER. Admiral is nowhere near his level. Grant is the closest in P5 conferences and he is at 30.5...

You don't have to see something in watching 1 game or not. Just look at his stats. Nothing like we have seen in modern college basketball.

His stats are great but he's also surrounded by great players. I just don't think he's drool worthy. When I've watched him play, he's no better than Grant or Admiral (when Admiral is actually on). Zion will go super-high but he'd benefit from another year playing college ball.

It's clear Holly doesn't want to resign and UT doesn't want to fire her this year. The last thing Fulmer wants is another high-profile coaching search, and the last thing UT wants is to pay another buyout. It's an ugly situation.
If it's clear that she doesn't want to resign then it's also clear she does not love this school. That should tell our AD all he needs to know.

If it's clear that she doesn't want to resign then it's also clear she does not love this school. That should tell our AD all he needs to know.

At this point, I don't care what Holly wants. I appreciate what she's contributed and hope we'll give her a soft landing but she needs to be the hell out.

Reactions: drvenner
His stats are great but he's also surrounded by great players. I just don't think he's drool worthy. When I've watched him play, he's no better than Grant or Admiral (when Admiral is actually on). Zion will go super-high but he'd benefit from another year playing college ball.

PER data is absolutely littered with players surrounded by other elite players. UK, Kansas, Duke, UNC are flooded with pro players and yet Zion is heads and shoulders above them all.

Zion won't just go "super high" he's #1 for sure. There is even talk of teams tanking to get him. Another year won't do anything for him. It seems you just don't follow much basketball. Zion is elite and then some. Grant or Admiral may never even start for an NBA team.

REspectfully but how do you go higher than the number one overall pick?

REspectfully but how do you go higher than the number one overall pick?

You don't. I didn't think I needed to spell that part out (but text can be weird). I just don't think Zion is the second coming of a player like MJ or even Lebron. He's a great player who will make a great pro but I also think he's overhyped.

Imagine how awful this offseason would’ve been if our basketball team sucked

I'm excited regardless for this team. JG and the offense will be much improved and our staff has jumped from good to great. Excited to see what we can do with a lighter schedule and an extra year under Fitz. We may finally look like an SEC team.

Benefit in what way? He’s the #1 pick

If Grant and Schofield are both as good (or better) than Zion than I’m not sure how we lost a single game

Benefit in what way? He’s the #1 pick

If Grant and Schofield are both as good (or better) than Zion than I’m not sure how we lost a single game

Benefit only in the fact that I think he has more to learn not in the fact that he can improve his stock.

What more does he need to learn that he can’t learn in the NBA?

If he was anywhere but with a guy like Coach K, I'd concede your point but I happen to think K is one of the better developers of talent anywhere. I think he's better than most NBA coaches. All that's academic, of course, since Zion is going to go 1 overall but I do think he'd benefit. JMO.

I have a feeling this Fall guy for UCF is gonna be very rich

It will be interesting to see if he can make it in the nba, but if not I think he will be fine somewhere and will probably make even more through endorsements, if he plays his cards right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back