Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis was primarily a post player when he played for the Vols. His transformation into a 3 point shooter in the NBA was remarkable. He was my favorite player for years.

Houston was a scoring machine. He couldn’t do a lot else but man was he smooth with the ball in his hands.
Alan Houston beat Ky by himself. It was crazy.

King's career averages (only 3 years) for reference...I am also too young to have seen him live.

25.8 PPG
13.2 TRB

I wish Grant was getting that kind of production. He's currently at 14.9 PPG, and just 6.3 TRB for his career (not including tonight) this year though he's stepped up his game, but I don't know if we'll ever have another Bernard King...cause if we get a guy putting up his numbers he'll likely be a 1 and done.

To be fair everyone in here was posting similar things. And it doesn't just happen in games like tonight. I was catching up on this thread a week or 2 ago and there was so much doom and gloom posts like that that I thought we lost by 50 and it turned out we won by like 20. Most of this board gets very emotional during games. Haha. Catbone is just the only one who has the power to affect the game by leaving.
He stayed throughout tho.

Reactions: Sleegro
King's career averages (only 3 years) for reference...I am also too young to have seen him live.

25.8 PPG
13.2 TRB

I wish Grant was getting that kind of production. He's currently at 14.9 PPG, and just 6.3 TRB for his career (not including tonight) this year though he's stepped up his game, but I don't know if we'll ever have another Bernard King...cause if we get a guy putting up his numbers he'll likely be a 1 and done.
TBH though King only had one other player on his team. They had one game plan back then.

25.8 PPG
13.2 TRB

Williams has the intangibles when King really didn't when it comes to leadership

Ellis was primarily a post player when he played for the Vols. His transformation into a 3 point shooter in the NBA was remarkable. He was my favorite player for years.

Houston was a scoring machine. He couldn’t do a lot else but man was he smooth with the ball in his hands.

Ellis was remarkable. There was no 3 point line when he was at UT so no need for him to shoot long range. When the NBA added the 3 point line, he took full advantage. He could do it all.

Sadly his UT teams matched up with #1 Virginia and Ralph Sampson 2 years in a row in the NCAA tourney. Although it was fun to watch Ellis vs Sampson in both of the games.

My only problem with Schofield is he will try to shoot himself out of a slump. I know good players do that but it seems like he does it frequently at crucial points of the game. We have a lot of options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back