Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a question. Coach Pruitt is the best defensive coach in college football at causing turnovers. He’s done it everywhere he’s been. We have been awful in that area. How quickly can he impact us in this department? Could we see a big improvement in that area? With all of these passing offenses we are going to have that could help us in a major way

Do you listen to Josh Ward's Rocky Talk podcast? He talked to a guy today about turnovers and Pruitt's ability to generate them on all the teams he has been on and he had an intresting answer. Stopping the run effectively, get more leads (making the opponent more of a pass heavy team), and better down and distance situations (3rd and long for example). Here is the story and podcast link:

[Twitter]1022107421878218753[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
You don’t have to believe me or the CFB writers who are telling you they’re gonna have a good offense.

You asked why they’re expected to have a good season and I told you why.

Maybe #theygonlearn?

You mad?

I didn’t say they would have a bad offense. But they’re being portrayed as a powerhouse like they’re some unstoppable air raid offense that will beat us by 50. When you look at their performance last year that just isn’t the case. And they lost their top receivers if I’m not mistaken

Do you listen to Josh Ward's Rocky Talk podcast? He talked to a guy today about turnovers and Pruitt's ability to generate them on all the teams he has been on and he had an intresting answer. Stopping the run effectively, get more leads (making the opponent more of a pass heavy team), and better down and distance situations (3rd and long for exampme). Here is the story and podcast link:

[Twitter]1022107421878218753[/twitter]

I listen to it everyday. I’ll check it out later

Boom!!! Bottom of second page.

All you first page suckas are sheep. Second page is there it's at!!!

Reactions: 1 person
You mad?

I didn’t say they would have a bad offense. But they’re being portrayed as a powerhouse like they’re some unstoppable air raid offense that will beat us by 50. When you look at their performance last year that just isn’t the case. And they lost their top receivers if I’m not mistaken

Mad about what?

I have seen no one in here claim they were an unstoppable air raid offense or that they were going to beat us by 50. You don’t have to create false narratives to argue against.

They bring back 2 1000 yd receivers from last year. One led the conference in receptions, the other in TDs.

Mad about what?

I have seen no one in here claim they were an unstoppable air raid offense or that they were going to beat us by 50. You don’t have to create false narratives to argue against.

They bring back 2 1000 yd receivers from last year. One led the conference in receptions, the other in TDs.

Who said anyone in here said that? Are you creating false narratives to argue against?

But they didn’t last year tho... they had two high scoring games. Against TT they scored 46 and against OK state they scored 39. Other than that they didn’t make it out of the 20s against anyone decent

That 39 against OK state was pretty misleading too. They were down 30-10 in the 3rd quarter and the offense had done nothing. They blocked a punt for a TD and got a pick 6 to get back in it but still had done nothing offensively. OSU got 2 tds early in the 4th quarter to go back up by 19 with 8 minutes left before Grier threw his first of 2 tds in garbage time. Finishing the game 20-42 for 285 yards 2 tds and 4 ints. Their leading rusher had 45 yards and a td. So take out the 2 tds on defense and special teams and they only scored 25 points.

So that leaves TTU as the only decent team the offense got out of the 20's in scoring and they had the 98th ranked scoring D allowing over 32 points per game. Just so we have some context on their offense. Now I don't think their offense sucks. I just think it's a little hyped.

That 39 against OK state was pretty misleading too. They were down 30-10 in the 3rd quarter and the offense had done nothing. They blocked a punt for a TD and got a pick 6 to get back in it but still had done nothing offensively. OSU got 2 tds early in the 4th quarter to go back up by 19 with 8 minutes left before Grier threw his first of 2 tds in garbage time. Finishing the game 20-42 for 285 yards 2 tds and 4 ints. Their leading rusher had 45 yards and a td. So take out the 2 tds on defense and special teams and they only scored 25 points.

So that leaves TTU as the only decent team the offense got out of the 20's in scoring and they had the 98th ranked scoring D allowing over 32 points per game. Just so we have some context on their offense. Now I don't think their offense sucks. I just think it's a little hyped.

Wow, thanks. I don’t get the hype on their offense. If Pruitt has our defense ready they won’t score 30. Just hope our offense can score points

Reactions: 1 person
We will beat them with creativity and five-star hearts

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Anyone familiar with this Dave Hooker who writes articles about the Vols on various CFB sites (SDS, Gridironnow)? These are the most click-bait, entry-level articles I've read in a long time.

That's pretty much always been his style. He started out on Basilio and then migrated to WNML and he was out of market for awhile, but he has never been that good. He also got in trouble with the UTAD for writing an article with quotes from an athlete who was supposed to be off limits.

Message boards from TexAgs to TigerDroppings keep college football weird

This is a really fascinating story about college football message boards. We're not mentioned, but I highly recommend reading it. There's a lot of insight from former CIA Director and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates about how he was secretly on the Texas A&M message board while he was president of the school. And even how he may have gone a bit over board with antagonistic posts and regretted it at least once. There's stories about boards coming together to fund a poster's daughter's surgery like we've seen in here. About NCAA violations and coaches getting fired for strip club visits that broke because of message board rumors. And a little more info about the bama poster from Chattanooga who posted the following message early last year:

When the thread "Tua-Language Barrier" appeared on the Alabama message board BamaOnLine last September, its poster, a user by the name of Chattown Tider, truly did believe he was onto something. He had just watched Crimson Tide quarterback Tua Tagovailoa play in his first college game against Fresno State and what he saw worried him. So he posed the question: What if Tagovailoa didn't understand English, seeing as he was from, you know, Hawaii?

He was, as he put it, only addressing the "elephant in the room."

"I thought I saw him point to receivers a couple of times," he wrote, "and defenses might catch on if he's pointing to who he's going to throw the ball to. The only time I've been out of the country is when I was shipped to Nam and I was as confused as a yankee learning to square dance."

DJmh7oDVoAA3Uhx

Reactions: 8 people
True, but they didn’t have an impressive win in the games he did play. TTU is the best win they had. Not exactly impressive. Lost to TCU, OK state, VT all with Grier. He didn’t beat anyone with a pulse last year
they've always been a feast/famine type program. hard to trust them.

they get the hype this year b/c of the qb and experience returning on offense, and what is being projected as what should be a 'good' defense....relatively speaking i guess.

i won't be shocked if we lose. but i wouldn't be surprised if we won either. i think they will be good offensively. i am not convinced that they're going to be anything special on defense. and like i said, that's a team/program that you can't really trust, especially when they have real expectations placed on them.

i was just making the statement that their QB was out the last part of the season, and that probably had something to do with how they finished.:thumbsup:
Also not taking into account Pruitt’s first year mistakes. That will happen also. UGA with all that talent went 7-5 in Smarts first year. Maybe that won’t happen to Pruitt. But maybe it will

oh, i'm sure they'll happen. just can't be too many, or the kind that turn L's in to W's.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back