Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, WV was awful last year. They didn’t beat anybody and got blown out by Utah in the bowl game. Why are they supposed to be good this year?

Here’s a question. Coach Pruitt is the best defensive coach in college football at causing turnovers. He’s done it everywhere he’s been. We have been awful in that area. How quickly can he impact us in this department? Could we see a big improvement in that area? With all of these passing offenses we are going to have that could help us in a major way

We shall see. He has a method that clearly works everywhere he has been. One trend I noticed he likes playmakers/ball hawks in secondary. Guys like Bryce and Alontae can play both sides of the ball. Brandon Davis and Flowers who reportedly have gotten hands on balls in summer were baseball players used to roaming large areas to track down balls. He is aggressive in pressure in QB. He loves Hampton at MUS who is a 2 sport star. He goes for guys that actually makes picks in HS. If you can't get hand on ball in HS you probably won't in college

The QB pressure is going to probably be the deciding factor this first yr. can he find consistent ways and playmakers to get to the QB forcing mistakes.

Reactions: 4 people
We shall see. He has a method that clearly works everywhere he has been. One trend I noticed he likes playmakers/ball hawks in secondary. Guys like Bryce and Alontae can play both sides of the ball. Brandon Davis and Flowers who reportedly have gotten hands on balls in summer were baseball players used to roaming large areas to track down balls. He is aggressive in pressure in QB. He loves Hampton at MUS who is a 2 sport star. He goes for guys that actually makes picks in HS. If you can't get hand on ball in HS you probably won't in college

The QB pressure is going to probably be the deciding factor this first yr. can he find consistent ways and playmakers to get to the QB forcing mistakes.

Good post. Thanks for the response

I don't know but I hope they are as hyped as possible and ranked highly opening day. I expect UT to come out swinging.

Yep this is a perfect game for us to open with. All the pressure on WVU. And gives the defensive coaches a good sample set against a good offense.

I'd say Grier as the QB and Dana Holgorsen's knack for scoring a lot of points.

But they didn’t last year tho... they had two high scoring games. Against TT they scored 46 and against OK state they scored 39. Other than that they didn’t make it out of the 20s against anyone decent

grier didn't play the last 3-4 games.

True, but they didn’t have an impressive win in the games he did play. TTU is the best win they had. Not exactly impressive. Lost to TCU, OK state, VT all with Grier. He didn’t beat anyone with a pulse last year

Reactions: 1 person
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Lavar Ball has a reality show?

Dear God please no one watch this. Too many stupid people are famous as it is.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone familiar with this Dave Hooker who writes articles about the Vols on various CFB sites (SDS, Gridironnow)? These are the most click-bait, entry-level articles I've read in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back