Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlabach's Bold Predictions

8. Tennessee will win the SEC East (but won't beat Florida).

The Volunteers haven't won an SEC championship since 1998 and haven't won 10 games in a season since 2007. After limping through four seasons under Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley, the Vols have slowly showed progress under Butch Jones, who is 21-17 in three seasons.

But Jones says he believes he might finally have an SEC contender, and the Volunteers look loaded on both lines of scrimmage. With quarterback Joshua Dobbs and tailbacks Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara coming back, the Vols might be the team to beat in the SEC East. They'll win at Georgia and South Carolina, but they'll lose to Florida for the 12th season in a row. Even worse, Steve Spurrier will be there to watch it.

Mattresses in TN be like:

sFAP9Cc.gif

Reactions: 3 people
I thought I remember reading after the fact that he had a broken hand or something like that during his freshman year. Does that ring a bell to anyone or am I just making stuff up in my brain movies? :crazy:

Seems like he had 2 injuries he was playing through his freshman year. A broken thumb maybe as well as a knee injury?

Seems like he had 2 injuries he was playing through his freshman year. A broken thumb maybe as well as a knee injury?

Yeah. Maybe it was the thumb. I remember folks talking smack and then finding out about the injuries. The smack talk merged into 1st round draft talk shortly there after. As usual with VN, the truth is somewhere in between.

It's critical to develop safety awareness in larger bodies of water. I would think the Tennessee River would be a good choice.

Hey look! There is a boat dock right near this football playing place! What a perfect scenario!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 6 people
All of that practicing with Mr. Ochocinco has Johnson doing really well. Was hoping that would be the case. I bet ole Ocho was able to teach him a few things about the wideout position from his days in the NFL. Must be nice having a family member like him lol.

Reactions: 1 person
@Vol_Football

"Want to join Team 120? Walk-on tryouts are Aug. 18 at 6:30 a.m. at the Anderson Training Center! 🍊🏈"

Let's do this! Who's with me??

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back