Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Tennessee imploding, or are Vols fans getting unduly worked up over one bad loss? Mailbag. https://t.co/qxB22dvoFo

Good article. I agree, we might be in the worst division in p5 football, but having to play the #1 and 2 teams from the best division doesn't help.

The worst division of any P5 conference is some bullchit. The East isn't comparable to the West right now and is an absolute mess but a lot of our cruddy teams would still beat other conferences top teams.

The worst division of any P5 conference is some bullchit. The East isn't comparable to the West right now and is an absolute mess but a lot of our cruddy teams would still beat other conferences top teams.

That's a hard argument to make when a few of our cruddy teams have lost to G5 teams

Reactions: 1 person
I'm having to turn Matthews on and off due to work, but he said he is 100% still behind CBJ and Dobbs. Said Dobbs just had a very bad game at USC. Thinks they need a QB coach moving forward, and thinks changes will be made.

He is being very vague about Hurd the situation, but did say he thinks no player should quit on his team, and thinks Hurd is an RB not a TE in the NFL, and doesn't understand that TE/WR talk.

He said he knows that two times while he was at UT, players told off Coach Majors, and Majors handled it internally and took care of the situation. He made it sound like he didn't know if CBJ could have done anything differently to keep Hurd in check or to stay on the team at this point, but that it is a sad situation all around.

He said we should start seeing a lot more of the younger players at this point.

Adequate LB play has killed the defense.

He's still on.

Dobbs is 4-5 games away from the end of his UT career. He is what he is. A below average passer & above average runner.

Waiting till now to try & get more hands on with a QB coach is laughable.

Eazy,

Any light you'd like to shed on the Hurd situation, potential coaching changes at the end of the year, or recruiting tidbits?

I believe you to be connected and was wondering if you're able to share anything at this time.

I don't think it's really worth getting into but I would take anything Vol74 says with a grain of salt. He seems to be enjoying the interviews and spotlight since Jalen's decision so good for him.

Tales of a soft fall camp are the equivalent of trolling, lying, misrepresenting the truth, etc. Does that help? It won't for those that believe GFW, LAVol, me, others - are all trolling.

A soft camp does not even pass the eye test. Injured ankles, heads, shoulders, knees, etc. on guys in great physical condition. A little common sense would help some folks.

I have no idea how to respond to this. Sutton, Kirkland, McDowell, Weisman, Kamara, Jones, (and even if Hurd was truly concussed) all had injuries that had no bearing how physical camp was.

I like you. I really do. But the narrative gets old, too. Sometimes, the emotion comes out instead of the thinking.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't think it's really worth getting into but I would take anything Vol74 says with a grain of salt. He seems to be enjoying the interviews and spotlight since Jalen's decision so good for him.

Would you say that Jalen has burned the references to the nfl bridge with UT?

Eazy,

Any light you'd like to shed on the Hurd situation, potential coaching changes at the end of the year, or recruiting tidbits?

I believe you to be connected and was wondering if you're able to share anything at this time.

Not Eazy, but on the Hurd situation and without going into details, it seems that Hurd being a quitter gains more and more traction as more information gets out.

That's a hard argument to make when a few of our cruddy teams have lost to G5 teams

And we've also beaten supposedly good teams. Georgia beat UNC and we beat Va Tech. Both of those teams are ranked and play a laughable schedule outside of the now unranked SEC East teams that beat them. We have one more loss than both teams yet two of those losses came from playoff teams. We should've scheduled Boston College and UMASS and dropped Alabama and TAMU if we wanted to be ranked.

And we've also beaten supposedly good teams. Georgia beat UNC and we beat Va Tech. Both of those teams are ranked and play a laughable schedule outside of the now unranked SEC East teams that beat them. We have one more loss than both teams yet two of those losses came from playoff teams. We should've scheduled Boston College and UMASS and dropped Alabama and TAMU if we wanted to be ranked.

People never think of the cumulative effect of playing in this league vs playing in the others.

Teams like northwestern fake their way to top a 15 ranking. Would be a UK in this conference.

I disagree. Top to bottom the east is one of, if not the worst division in p5.

And none of the east cruddy teams would even stand a chance against top teams from other conferences.

You really think Vandy/Mizzou/UK/USC could even compete with Washington, Clemson, FSU, Louisville, Michigan, OSU, OU, etc...? Heck, they wouldn't even stand a chance against other conferences middle teams like Stanford, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Baylor, WVU, VA Tech, etc...

Pretty sure he was referring to in the future.

True. I probably took "changes moving forward" as meaning asap. I know you can't just hire a QB coach mid year but took it as he would designate someone on staff to work with the QBs a little closer now.

People never think of the cumulative effect of playing in this league vs playing in the others.

Teams like northwestern fake their way to top a 15 ranking. Would be a UK in this conference.

UK would get the ever loving snot kicked out of them by Northwestern. So would Vandy and Mizzou. They're overrated, but they're not in that bottom tier like UK

I disagree. Top to bottom the east is one of, if not the worst division in p5.

And none of the east cruddy teams would even stand a chance against top teams from other conferences.

You really think Vandy/Mizzou/UK/USC could even compete with Washington, Clemson, FSU, Louisville, Michigan, OSU, OU, etc...? Heck, they wouldn't even stand a chance against other conferences middle teams like Stanford, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Baylor, WVU, VA Tech, etc...

You said division. Now you are comparing the east division to the top conference teams.

Reactions: 1 person
UK would get the ever loving snot kicked out of them by Northwestern. So would Vandy and Mizzou. They're overrated, but they're not in that bottom tier like UK

Northwestern kicking the snot out of Kentucky/Vandy?

They lost to Illinois State like a month ago

Reactions: 2 people
Would you say that Jalen has burned the references to the nfl bridge with UT?

Probably but I doubt it matters either way. Jalen has received some terrible advice from people around him including the guy that has done nothing but bash Jones on here for the past few weeks. It's going to cost him some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back