Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

triadvolfan

I know what dude I am
Despite the high ranking of the 2015 defense, I didn't feel like they lived up to the preseason hype. It was probably those early season games. Mostly, it was the Florida game. The BG and Arkansas games didn't help. They certainly had dominant moments.
They were pretty average as far as SEC defenses go. Something like 7th in yards per game and 8th in yards per play. I was certainly hoping for more going into last season, although an average SEC defense is pretty good in the national sense and better than UT has had in a while.

They were pretty average as far as SEC defenses go. Something like 7th in yards per game and 8th in yards per play. I was certainly hoping for more going into last season, although an average SEC defense is pretty good in the national sense and better than UT has had in a while.
They dominated a good OU offense to tell the truth. The one game the defense got gashed was versus Arkansas. They beat us all over the field. We played conservative and they roll us up physically.

triadvolfan

I know what dude I am
They dominated a good OU offense to tell the truth. The one game the defense got gashed was versus Arkansas. They beat us all over the field. We played conservative and they roll us up physically.
They gave up 500 yards to Bowling Green so I'd argue they got gashed there. I wouldn't say they dominated OU for the whole game, although they certainly dominated them for most of the game and they wore down late as they were on the field too long. Agree on Arkansas and the other games.

Overall, it was a pretty good season for the defense and a nice step forward. I think with the talent and experience of the players plus the addition of Shoop there could be a large improvement this year.

WriterVol

They gave up 500 yards to Bowling Green so I'd argue they got gashed there. I wouldn't say they dominated OU for the whole game, although they certainly dominated them for most of the game and they wore down late as they were on the field too long. Agree on Arkansas and the other games.

Overall, it was a pretty good season for the defense and a nice step forward. I think with the talent and experience of the players plus the addition of Shoop there could be a large improvement this year.
Exactly, Just an up and down year. They gave up quite a few to Vandy, but it was a blowout so it can be excused a bit.

If Shoop can get that secondary in lockdown mode and attack, attack, attack with the front seven...yes, please!

I know BB has faith. :thumbsup:

engineerVOL

Alpha-nerdy, ultra-hot beefcake
Has it been mentioned the Ole Miss Dir. of Recruiting has resigned?

Edit: my bad guys, I wasn't entirely accurate. It was the ASSISTANT recruiting director and football scoop says they are told it's not related to the allegations...

Ole Miss: Sources tell us that assistant recruiting director Branden Wenzel has resigned to pursue other opportunities. His departure is not related to the ongoing NCAA investigation, we’re told.
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store