Recruiting Forum Football Talk XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It would be borderline bad for Butch. If he still reeled in another top 10 recruiting class, we would mostly forget about it by Feb. But the naysayers would certainly grow. Rival fans would talk smack about Butch being the worst coach (assuming Mason is fired) in the SEC/biggest underachiever. Can recruit but can't coach. New Zook/Shula.

Perceptions based on record:

5-7 or worse=Butch enters 2016 #1 on the hot seat list, Hart is already gauging interest from other coaches
6-6=Butch is on the hot seat, major doubts about his future here
7-5=Butch is an underachiever, will max out at 8-9 wins at Tennessee
8-4=The UT hype train slows down but doesn't derail. Mostly a neutral outcome unless we demolish a good team in a bowl
9-3=People start paying attention to Tennessee, Butch is mostly validated as a coach, recruiting quickly picks up for the 2017 class
10-2=Butch is the real deal, agony abounds throughout the SEC as everyone realizes Tennessee is back and here to stay
11-1+=Butch is up there with Saban and Malzahn, the Vols are in the top four favorites to win the playoffs in 2016

If this team has any more injury on the Ol, or Dobbs gets hurt. 7-5 will be hard to hit

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHyANxRGS-c[/youtube]

Todays practice. If you watch the last throws, you can see why Jennings may be passing Malone. If you look close you can see Jennings make a 1 handed grab in full stride... meanwhile Malone doesnt even attempt to catch his ball.

I don't know how people can make these statements without context. If we go the whole season without any injuries and the first 3 scenarios happen than I would agree. However, a couple of injuries to key positions that still lake depth (QB, MLB, OL) and it might be another story. I usually don't like to make predictions because like life, a college football season to way to unpredictable. I like to just see how things play out over the season and not make any judgments until it's over.

Exactly my feelings..

Todays practice. If you watch the last throws, you can see why Jennings may be passing Malone. If you look close you can see Jennings make a 1 handed grab in full stride... meanwhile Malone doesnt even attempt to catch his ball.

That was a crazy good catch by JJ but Malone is showing up and showing out according to reports, even coaching the younger guys. Jennings is too and practicing with the 1s. JJ is just crazy ahead of schedule and firmly entrenched for a starting role. Playing outside and slot.

Last edited:
Evidently Kendrick was working back at right tackle according to reports. Probably because Jack Jones was healthy and so was Robertson, I guess hey think Jack is better than BK. I can't figure Mahoney out.

But if there's a shred of hope I look at the Titans. They sucked like the Vols on the line and made a move to replace Levitre and the right tackle went to guRd and a rookie is at tackle. That combination was mArkedly better.

Last edited:
Evidently Kendrick was working back at right tackle according to reports. I can't figure Mahoney out.

There was a quote from Butch about "continuity" but also comments different linemen may play different games.

Not looking deeply but smells of some brokering with fear of losing 2 linemen.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd wager the starters get a much higher percentage of snaps. We don't rotate THAT much.

We were slowed on the rotation last year due to injury. This year should be fun to watch! We will rotate a lot! And quit being so damn negative, there was a time when you were not so sour. Love ya man! :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

These are clips, not full practice... Malone has been good as well

These are clips, not full practice... Malone has been good as well

I wasnt saying Malone hasnt been good. Was just pointing out why reports have Jennings working with 1s and possibly ahead of Malone. We see Jennings make high effort catches everyday from the little be we see in videos. While at the same time, in the limited amount of video, we see Malone not try on a few. It just seems like Jennings is doing everything he can to at least attempt to make a grab.

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you damn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ****ing dead, kiddo.

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe yer arse off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o' the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll **** fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now.

Reactions: 8 people
@KevinW_ESPN: Really like the personnel the #Vols have coming back on the edges. Barnett/Maggitt are household names, also Corey Vereen adds quality depth

@KevinW_ESPN: Also look out for #Vols FS Todd Kelly has flashed on tape. Athletic, versatile and showed strong instincts for a true freshman last year.

ESPN draft analyst

Off topic, but has anybody bought a car lately?

Looking at the Chevy Colorado and I'm having a hell of a time finding a crew cab with a v6 and a 6 foot bed. I know they make it, I've looked on the Chevy website to see what the options are, but there don't seem to be many of that particular model available.

So can a local dealer figure out where this particular model truck is?

Looking at the Chevy Colorado and I'm having a hell of a time finding a crew cab with a v6 and a 6 foot bed. I know they make it, I've looked on the Chevy website to see what the options are, but there don't seem to be many of that particular model available.

yes and or they can custom order but it's hard to haggle when you do that.

There are services where you buy out of state and ship direct to your house.

If a member try the Costco auto purchase program. You will be glad you did. I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back