Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people create excluded middles as though there are only two options? Maybe some people dislike LIV because of things that it is as opposed to the thing that it isn't?

Or maybe, just maybe, most of us could not care less about either pga or liv.

Just saying. 🧐

I’m ready for team sports discussions, such as which games will be blowouts, which will be close, which will take last second heroics to win, which players will dominate, how scared will they be when they realize that we have a dominant defense to go with our dauntless lightning strike blitzkrieg of an offense?

Oh and most importantly, how will you celebrate each of our wins?

15-0 🤠

I was talking about the decking, 😂. . . but BGE maintenance is nothing to sneeze at.
Hosed mine down last week. Then started noticing that some boards were loose and nails sticking up. So, deck screws replaced crappy nail gun used by cheap labor hire.

Then noticed stain was peeling. Time to start restaining.

Next noticed the beds hadnt been weeded.

Then a tree needed trimming.

Beer.

Grass mowed.

Garden tended too.

Beer.

Dinner time.

Oh look, a butterfly.

effort, time, keeping Spiderman, and two princesses off of the rolling death trap.
Heard that.

I got the Flame Boss a couple of years ago, it has an app for phone that integrates with Apple Watch as well. So I can be doing anything and keep an eye on the pit and meat temps, and adjust accordingly.

Can still man the smoker with a cooler if I need or want to.

Heard that.

I got the Flame Boss a couple of years ago, it has an app for phone that integrates with Apple Watch as well. So I can be doing anything and keep an eye on the pit and meat temps, and adjust accordingly.

Can still man the smoker with a cooler if I need or want to.
Honestly, I look at this way, personally. Not slighting you in the least. It just comes down to priorities. Manual labor is cathartic to me. Some people enjoy the nuances of prepration. Having worked three jobs in grad school, one was food prep. Got enoigh of that. Also, not into bbq, and my kids dont eat it.

Id like to learn a gourmet dish, that family could eat. Just priorities. I grill when it is necessary.

Reactions: BigSteve09
OK, almost time to come up to good ole Knoxville for the Korn Ferry tour. Think I'll walk my old route from Dorms to the Hill for the first time since I went to school there sooooo long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: peaygolf
Honestly, I look at this way, personally. Not slighting you in the least. It just comes down to priorities. Manual labor is cathartic to me. Some people enjoy the nuances of prepration. Having worked three jobs in grad school, one was food prep. Got enoigh of that. Also, not into bbq, and my kids dont eat it.

Id like to learn a gourmet dish, that family could eat. Just priorities. I grill when it is necessary.

I'm sure the family would love some Duck à l'Orange.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Hosed mine down last week. Then started noticing that some boards were loose and nails sticking up. So, deck screws replaced crappy nail gun used by cheap labor hire.

Then noticed stain was peeling. Time to start restaining.

Next noticed the beds hadnt been weeded.

Then a tree needed trimming.

Beer.

Grass mowed.

Garden tended too.

Beer.

Dinner time.

Oh look, a butterfly.
beer-drinking.gif

For sure. I'm the only one in my house that gets excited about pork butt or ribs lol. We have used the egg for pizza and that was a hit. Also finishing sous vide steaks on the grill is tasty.

I'm with you though. My kids like to cook in the kitchen with me so I do a lot on the stove or prep for oven.

Or air fry chicken nuggets 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

OK, almost time to come up to good ole Knoxville for the Korn Ferry tour. Think I'll walk my old route from Dorms to the campus for the first time since I went to school there sooooo long ago.

There are old walking routes that you can't take anymore...and I graduated in 2002.

Reactions: Orange.
Cheaper than a having a deck built. I did all the leveling and forming myself. Just paid to have it finished and the concrete. I bet I don't have $2000 out of pocket.
our yard odds on limestone hill. rock vein stretching under house into yard.

We looked at concrete but were quoted $5K, also to get a truck back there would hve to removed part of privacy fence.

Had I to redo, would have opted for polywood, acetylated, or some hybrid. Perhaps full synthetic.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
nugggettttss
For sure. I'm the only one in my house that gets excited about pork butt or ribs lol. We have used the egg for pizza and that was a hit. Also finishing sous vide steaks on the grill is tasty.

I'm with you though. My kids like to cook in the kitchen with me so I do a lot on the stove or prep for oven.

Or air fry chicken nuggets 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

sous vide, interesting

our yard odds on limestone hill. rock vein stretching under house into yard.

We looked at concrete but were quoted $5K, also to get a truck back there would hve to removed part of privacy fence.

Had I to redo, would have opted for polywood, acetylated, or some hybrid. Perhaps full synthetic.
They can pump the concrete from the street right over the top of your house or even with hoses around your house. I had to fill for mine so I didn't have to worry what was under the ground.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
They can pump the concrete from the street right over the top of your house or even with hoses around your house. I had to fill for mine so I didn't have to worry what was under the ground.
That's crazy, you literally hear the complaint prior to the sales pitch. I can literally see it coming. Just like a used car salesman shaking the head whilst examing your trade in, 'I just dont know, these Honda's just arent in demand anymore.'

Ive been told there are concrete pour minumums. Load needs rebar which adds cost. I said to hell with it.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back