Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my all time favorites. She was like 20 years old when she wrote it!

You ever got into Tom Robbins (Another Roadside Attraction, or Even Cowgirls Get The Blues, or Wild Ducks Flying Backwards)...or, completely changing gears, James Ellroy? I'm looking at my book shelf right now, just throwing some of my favorites out there.

Nah he never really grabbed me. Don Delillo, Pahlahunick, Easton Ellis, Irvine Welsh are some I dig.

Reactions: SugarCC
Good observation.

😂 Cormac is idiosyncratic. It's based on the ear, imo. We don't pause between city and state in speaking, and we don't hear quotation marks.

Edit: Of course a student wouldn't be entitled to do that. They need to demonstrate mastery of standard English to demonstrate capacity to learn, regardless of what they will do in some future time.
Was just saying, I can’t read it. Wondered why it bothered me so much when you read worse on social media all the time. It was just that someone knew to fix it but chose not to. Then I wondered why they didn’t.

Reactions: Orange.
What about HH fans? I am just messing with you. Obviously, we both want him to succeed. I am still a Raider fan at heart, but the Las Vegas Raiders seems wrong to me.
I'm a huge HH fan, he's been one of my favorites to ever play at UT. The more I read about him, the more I want him to succeed, set records, and win championships. He's an awesome young man and I'm proud of the way he represents the BIG ORANGE

*And about your Raiders being in Vegas....... it seems wrong because it is wrong.

Nah he never really grabbed me. Don Delillo, Pahlahunick, Easton Ellis, Irvine Welsh are some I dig.
Only read Filth by Welsh, which was awesome...never got around to Trainspotting, always wanted to, though.

Enjoyed Fight Club the movie more than the book; liked Haunted ok. Always wanted to read Choke.

And, yeah, Easton Ellis...great. I enjoyed Lunar Park as much as anything he's done, including Less Than Zero and American Psycho.

Never read any Delillo.

Reactions: bignewt
Oh, you meant the stadium. No need, he won't be here that long. I thought you meant in place of a number of Levis's jersey.

I actually think his helmet should be sponsored by and shaped like a jar of Great Value mayo with foam bananas sticking out of the ear holes. It would be like Nascar advertising. That would be an appropriate look for Levis seeing as how he is a clown.

Not a huge fan of DeLillo but I like him. I really loved the first half of White Noise. I thought Underworld was ok. Maybe Mao II is the one I am looking for. I think McCarthy, Pynchon, and Roth (something like Sabbath's Theater 😂) will last. Not so sure about DeLillo, but he is good. Cormac is our bond!

Last edited:
😮😮😮 Love that! I need to see the rest of the house.
Yes, it is splendid! There are books on the house and the famous gardens. If you don't want to buy one, I would bet a library would have some or could get them on interlibrary loan. I have never looked into which books are best. A house in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Kenny is the head of the new Vol Club Captains program. We have 12 Captains placed around the state and 1 in each of GA, NC and SC(me!) who are going to work to build local communities of Vol Fans who love to support our athletes via NIL. This tweet shows how much Coach Heupel is aware of the Vol Club and it’s importance. I’ve been on this board a long time and I hope y’all trust when I say us all getting on board with the Vol Club is crucial the next 6 or so months I really mean it. We have a ton of really exciting announcements coming up the next few months that I know will get those on the fence across but hoping we can get some folks to join today!

Our big donors have been leading the way for us but they need our great fanbase to step in and be the extra catalyst to get us to the top. 92% of donated funds went to players directly in the first year with the running target being 90%. There are obviously fun membership perks as well! Would love for everyone in the recruiting forum to join the team.

Please DM me if you are already in the club and haven’t been brought into the FB group that will be communicating local gatherings (there should be email blasts as well!)

Click this link to join The Vol Club!
Join The Volunteer Club

Awesome tweet

Speaking of all this, having my first Charleston, SC get together of Vol fans next week! Hope some of y’all in this area can come! Even if not a member yet you are welcome!!

Attachments

• E77C3DE5-D548-4952-9837-1559FF5D7976.png
    E77C3DE5-D548-4952-9837-1559FF5D7976.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back