Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many holes presently. Who is he going to throw to? Getting a real QB is going to require giving up players and draft picks.

Ok that might be the most sensible take on Levis I've heard. He is used to being a battering ram/tackling dummy. That said, why not fill those holes? Why take a bad QB?

Ok that might be the most sensible take on Levis I've heard. He is used to being a battering ram/tackling dummy. That said, why not fill those holes? Why take a bad QB?
I’m not sure what you’re saying. You can get a QB in the later rounds that can be successful if you have a good team and scout well. Look at the 49ers last year. It’s a stop gap until they get their franchise QB.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I’m not sure what you’re saying. You can get a QB in the later rounds that can be successful if you have a good team and scout well. Look at the 49ers last year. It’s a stop gap until they get their franchise QB.

Levis is good for taking hits. That's what I'm saying. He's a big ole baw. Blonde Tebow but not as talented as Tebow was in college. He would be a great placeholder for a team that can't protect a real QB.

Levis is good for taking hits. That's what I'm saying. He's a big ole baw. Blonde Tebow but not as talented as Tebow was in college. He would be a great placeholder for a team that can't protect a real QB.
Haha. I mean ok but don’t trade up to the top of the 2nd round to get him

He's got no chance to do anything

Especially with the Titans

He can't process fast enough, the Titans have no o-line or receivers and they'll throw him out there when Tannehill gets banged up.

Ughhh

Haha. I mean ok but don’t trade up to the top of the 2nd round to get him

Agreed. Taking him early is what gets me. Kiper singing his praises notwithstanding all he has is a big arm and one good year. He has a tape full of bad decisions and poor play. I get that he has an arm but a lot of guys have great arms and higher ceilings. All I see from Levis is a guy who looks the part and can take a hit.

Yep that makes the most sense

You'd think they'd do what makes sense right?

Nope. They don't believe in quarterbacks that can read a defense and they don't believe in wide receivers.
I don’t know what their deal is. Get some exciting weapons, build up the trenches, and you’d be surprised how far an average QB will take you. Then when they time is right, spend big to get an awesome QB. Nick Foles won a Super Bowl doing that.

Agreed. Taking him early is what gets me. Kiper singing his praises notwithstanding all he has is a big arm and one good year. He has a tape full of bad decisions and poor play. I get that he has an arm but a lot of guys have great arms and higher ceilings. All I see from Levis is a guy who looks the part and can take a hit.
At least we’ll have an entire highlight tape of Levis getting blasted then standing back up like Rocky.

Yes, the stupid or hateful thing did. You can see it in the tweeted video where the coach is talking to Wilt Lettuce. Not only the owner in an Oilers hat, but the phone call is bizarre. The coach is saying to Levis something like "we know you had a bad day yesterday. It's ok now. You're going to be ok." Like he is consoling a child. Then coach tells Levis something like, "You don't have play with a chip on your shoulder. You have a safe place here." Then something like "everything is going to be fine." Then the video ends. I'm saying this from memory but it's close to that. One of the weirdest conversations imaginable. I wonder if Levis was crying about Day 1 and the coach was already stuck with a loser and had to manage on camera. Or if Levis was acting like or imitating an adult but the coach felt like Levis needed coddling anyway because he thinks Levis is as soft as a one-minute egg.
At first I was 😂😂😂 at Wilt 🥬!!!

Then I was 😮😳🤔😞 at that conversation. In the video I watched of them scolding the media about asking questions, he kept saying they’re kids. They’re not kids in college!!! 18 is an adult! Can they at least be grownups in their twenties in the NFL making millions????? 😫😫😫

So many emotions. I am exhausted.

At least we’ll have an entire highlight tape of Levis getting blasted then standing back up like Rocky.

I can't forgive back to back fumbles against OM. All he had to do was protect the ball. And he couldn't even do that. I mean that's without all the INTs. I honestly would have taken damn near anyone but him.

At first I was 😂😂😂 at Wilt 🥬!!!

Then I was 😮😳🤔😞 at that conversation. In the video I watched of them scolding the media about asking questions, he kept saying they’re kids. They’re not kids in college!!! 18 is an adult! Can they at least be grownups in their twenties in the NFL making millions????? 😫😫😫

So many emotions. I am exhausted.

When we started paying these kids more money in COLLEGE than the rest of us will see in a lifetime, they stopped being kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back