Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait to see Nico and Joe in action this Saturday. One of the more anticipated spring games in awhile for Tennessee
Last year was def not anticipated for obvious reasons.

Then I think back to 2021...had HB, Hooker, Maurer. Milton wasn't there yet iirc.

And the funniest thing was no one came out of that thinking Hooker would be the guy.

At some point though, you have to beat the mutts. You don't get a better roster losing every time. This year will be the year if we're going to do it ANYTIME soon. Georgia needs to be THE game like bama was last year.
Why this year though? "Anytime soon" sounds like we'll have to wait another 5 years.

Nico and top 10 classes are just around the corner from getting college experience under their belts. Our talent is about to get even better with each passing year.

Last year was def not anticipated for obvious reasons.

Then I think back to 2021...had HB, Hooker, Maurer. Milton wasn't there yet iirc.

And the funniest thing was no one came out of that thinking Hooker would be the guy.
It's worth nothing these days, but I was pro-Hooker (phrasing) as soon as he transferred. Now, I didn't expect he'd be as good as he was for us, but I knew he could win ballgames. VT fans knew they lost their guy when he left, and it was basically the last straw for Fuente.

He was just the only guy on the roster that had actually won a bunch of ball games at a high level. And we learned that wasnt a fluke.

We miss you. Are you able to move for work or must you stay where you are?
Still in NY. Three jobs, no money…every job change has moved me forward though. Still looking for the fit.

Could be a huge opportunity where I’m at but I don’t trust management to come through.

About to apply for a job in Costa Rica, because why not? Wife and family will need some selling on that idea. I’ve already dragged them all across Asia for the last 20 years

Still in NY. Three jobs, no money…every job change has moved me forward though. Still looking for the fit.

Could be a huge opportunity where I’m at but I don’t trust management to come through.

About to apply for a job in Costa Rica, because why not? Wife and family will need some selling on that idea. I’ve already dragged them all across Asia for the last 20 years

Where are you at in NY? We live on island.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yeah that was an unimpressive event. They can't all be winners.

Even still, my point was that you're picking a bad year to skip out on the PGA with all the elevated events luring the top talent and creating exciting finishes week in and week out.
Harbor Town is a "designated event", so all the top players are required to be there or they lose their PIP money. (New rule to counter LIV tour $.) Oh, except Tiger Woods, of course, and now it looks like the PGA tour will make an exception for McIlroy too, who just pulled out of Harbor Town. Rory needs to talk less and practice more, based on his poor perfomance last week.

So the events that aren't 'designated" will end up with mostly lower-tier players this year. Like the Valero. I guess that's a good thing, because we can pick and choose which tournaments to watch.

Edit: Oops, apologies to SaS for talking golf again! 😬

Last edited:
Harbor Town is a "designated event", so all the top players are required to be there or they lose their PIP money. (New rule to counter LIV tour $.) Oh, except Tiger Woods, of course, and now it looks like the PGA tour will make an exception for McIlroy too, who just pulled out of Harbor Town. Rory needs to talk less and practice more, based on his poor perfomance last week.

So the events that aren't 'designated" will end up with mostly lower-tier players this year. Like the Valero. I guess that's a good thing, because we can pick and choose which tournaments to watch.
How are they making new rules for Tiger and Rory? They will suffer the same consequences that anyone else would. This is the first year I can ever remember the Masters champ is playing in Hilton Head. Harbour Town is one of my favorite tournaments all year so I’m glad to see them make it a elevated event.

How are they making new rules for Tiger and Rory? They will suffer the same consequences that anyone else would. This is the first year I can ever remember the Masters champ is playing in Hilton Head. Harbour Town is one of my favorite tournaments all year so I’m glad to see them make it a elevated event.

I agree.

Tiger is primarily only trying to play in the majors and his tournament. Events he gets invitations to as a past winner as well as being the host. Which, ironically, is how the LIV golfers are getting into PGA Tour authorized events - invitations and past winners.

Rory is subject to the same rules on playing elevated events as everybody else. He is either reneging on his commitment or has a medical issue. That is an issue for the Tour to address, which they probably already have. If the former is in play, he loses influence within the org.

How any of that makes a case for the LIV Tour is beyond me. The argument of 'look how good LIV is for the PGA Tour in terms of increased monetary rewards' just makes the case that LIV is all about the money. Which will continue to be the point. Saudi money, or, business sponsor and television revenues that contributes huge funding to charities in every tournament location. One is a time tested value add, the other is sportswashing. The LIV Tour is not financially viable to sustain itself without Saudi money underwriting all of it and is not a significant contributor to local charities or economies at tournament sites.

We are not not going to change any minds on this.

Edit: Oops, apologies to SaS for talking golf again! 😬

The players have always shown up for the majors and chose which other events to sit out of. Nothing has changed. If anything they are showing up to the lesser events more because of the implementation of designated events.

Last edited:
Man I am in town of Southampton, long island is not for the faint at heart!
Always tell story of being in CT. Going to a Target, on second level of a garage. Clothes lay everywhere, apathetic clerks on cell phones - no restocking - pointing to one wad of bags at checkout (which you have to pay for).

Simply needing heartburn medication, and to purchase oatmeal. Most every item is kept under lock & key. One person, a human gazelle, had the key. Mr Social, was having conversations with anyone who'd listen.

Couldnt do it.

#everyday

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I found a shirt for @InVOLuntary .

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71cXsDY2CGL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_UX679_.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back