Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish someone could have seen it last night. The guy was sitting on the bench with his hands in his pockets with 8 minutes left. I think he is the type of person who says I have coached them hard all year. They know what they need to do. You saw last night coaches who were consistently up and down, and implementing defenses or changing plays mid possession. CRB is part of the reason we are relevant every year, but he is also the reason that younger plays don't progress early and we fail come tourney time. I hate to say this.

Bingo!…. People still think the department is ran by football only guys or the complete morons from 03-20’
A coaching search is a total f'n crapshoot...how do you guys not understand that...how many times does that brutal lesson have to be driven home?

I like DW...but he is no clairvoyant...no one is. How many "sure things" and "home run hires" and "bankable names" have you seen turned to pure 💩 in your lifetime?

I hope when RB retires that we don't have to learn that brutal lesson yet again. I think DW is a good AD and we have resources...but if we get a coach that does any better than RB it will be pure f'n luck.

Philips - 5 star
Edwards - 4 star
JJJ - 5 star
Vescovi - 4 star
Etc.

We are talented. Not coached well on offense. FAU was not good at shooting, they just got every rebound and kept chunking it up. We should have blown them out.
The stars don’t mean much once they make it to campus.

My “star” ratings for our guys now based upon their production consistency would be:

Vescovi - Plays like a 4 star at best
ZZ - Plays like a 4 star at best
All Others - Play like a 3 star at best

Sure, somebody may have a random aberrational game and play 1-2 stars above their consistent talent level would indicate but this team does not have that much talent on a regular basis, particularly on offense. I would say that’s on Barnes at the end of the day.

A coaching search is a total f'n crapshoot...how do you guys not understand that...how many times does that brutal lesson have to be driven home?

I like DW...but he is no clairvoyant...no one is. How many "sure things" and "home run hires" and "bankable names" have you seen turned to pure 💩 in your lifetime?

I hope when RB retires that we don't have to learn that brutal lesson yet again. I think DW is a good AD and we have resources...but if we get a coach that does any better than RB it will be pure f'n luck.
issue with a search is how many big timers want this job?

2nd fiddle to football, SEC schedule, not a blue blood, unreasonable expectations. so then you go after a pearl type, end up with Buzz Peterson.

Held one of the most prolific offenses in CBB to 62 pts. Missed 12-15 points in layups and free throws.

We managed the game the way we needed to. Questionable reffing, timeout usage, rotation criticism aside - we were capable of winning last night and just didn't make the shots.

Like baseball last year, this team was a national championship contender but this wasn't our most talented team.

Time to move on but I'm holding this team up there with Grant and Admiral's. All these seniors hung around and got better every year and they played every game with more effort than any team I've probably ever seen. They overperformed compared to their talent level and the injuries.

Plus, we beat Duke, Bama, Kansas, and Texas. Sweet 16 is something to be proud about.

If i'm barnes i go hire an offensive minded, younger asst coach. A recruiter. Hit the trail. time to swallow your pride, what you're doing isnt working.
I think he had this specific team play this way because it was their best chance at success.

I think we will be offensive moving forward with the younger talent. Dillione, Phillips, ZZ, Aidoo, Edwards, etc. I think the scheme will change a lot.

This fan base after anything negative. Y’all want to fire the best thing that’s happened to this program in our history after losing the heart and soul of the team one week before postseason play and still making it to the Sweet 16. Should we have won last night? Maybe. But that’s no reason to go lopping off heads.

Held one of the most prolific offenses in CBB to 62 pts. Missed 12-15 points in layups and free throws.

We managed the game the way we needed to. Questionable reffing, timeout usage, rotation criticism aside - we were capable of winning last night and just didn't make the shots.

Like baseball last year, this team was a national championship contender but this wasn't our most talented team.

Time to move on but I'm holding this team up there with Grant and Admiral's. All these seniors hung around and got better every year and they played every game with more effort than any team I've probably ever seen. They overperformed compared to their talent level and the injuries.

Plus, we beat Duke, Bama, Kansas, and Texas. Sweet 16 is something to be proud about.
that is glass half full.

Barnes needs criticism, and it's warranted. Needs to make sone changes. Particularluv in recruiting, esp with Vandy and Ky absolutely rolling.

But, he's the coach. Let's roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back