Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am disappointed tonight, I don’t think the SS with beating Duke is necessarily a disappointment. He’s not going anywhere at this point.

Tonight was a disappointment. Barnes tournament results at UT have generally been very lackluster.

Multiple years of not making the tournament on top of first/second round losses and only 2 sweet 16s since 2015?

I would think we expect more and better.

Offense was always going to be the death of this team. We survived it as long as we could. It got us in the second weekend.

This was mostly a successful season but at some point Barnes needs to recruit some shot creators. This team just didn’t have any. Hope Dilione is the real deal and I hope Phillips sticks around for year two - for his sake as well as ours.

Go vols.

I’m sorry y’all! Hurt for the team and all the fans. But so proud of them for getting this far. And so thankful for the best basketball coach we have ever had. Go Big Orange!
WOOT WOOT ! This. i was screamikng and groaning at the top of my lungs and my cat was hiding but love this team and the coaches

Tonight was a disappointment. Barnes tournament results at UT have generally been very lackluster.

Multiple years of not making the tournament on top of first/second round losses and only 2 sweet 16s since 2015?

I would think we expect more and better.

Multiple years of not making it? He inherited a terrible roster and took 2 years to develop a program. The Covid year is thrown out because no one made it. He’s made 5 in a possible 7 years.

How we sometimes forget where the program has been.

Offense was always going to be the death of this team. We survived it as long as we could. It got us in the second weekend.

This was mostly a successful season but at some point Barnes needs to recruit some shot creators. This team just didn’t have any. Hope Dilione is the real deal and I hope Phillips sticks around for year two - for his sake as well as ours.

Go vols.
Phillips sticking around for another year only benefits us if he develops his offensive game. He has the ability, but he's yet to put it to use.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Multiple years of not making it? He inherited a terrible roster and took 2 years to develop a program. The Covid year is thrown out because no one made it. He’s made 5 in a possible 7 years.

How we sometimes forget where the program has been.

That’s only a part of it. Making the NCAAs nowadays every year is expected. It’s how you do in the tourney that counts. That’s where he’s lacking. A coach getting paid 5-6 million per?

It’s not just at Tennessee. It’s at his previous stops too. Only one Final Four in a long coaching career spanning 25-30 years?

Ive seen how bad we’ve been. I sat through the Wade Houston years. My favorite years were with Pearl.

I appreciate Barnes and what he’s done for UT. I just think and feel we can do better now that we have Danny White and some stability in the Admin and AD.

Reactions: VolNash17
UNC, a blue blood program, didn't even make the tournament. KY and Pearl's Auburn didn't make it out of the first weekend. Purdue became only the second #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed. Yet people here are bitching because we didn't make it out of the Sweet 16.
I just want Rick Barnes to call a timeout at the appropriate time...

Reactions: captainfalcon777
That’s only a part of it. Making the NCAAs nowadays every year is expected. It’s how you do in the tourney that counts. That’s where he’s lacking. A coach getting paid 5-6 million per?

It’s not just at Tennessee. It’s at his previous stops too. Only one Final Four in a long coaching career spanning 25-30 years?

Ive seen how bad we’ve been. I sat through the Wade Houston years. My favorite years were with Pearl.

I appreciate Barnes and what he’s done for UT. I just think and feel we can do better now that we have Danny White and some stability in the Admin and AD.
Idiot Margin ^^^

UNC, a blue blood program, didn't even make the tournament. KY and Pearl's Auburn didn't make it out of the first weekend. Purdue became only the second #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed. Yet people here are bitching because we didn't make it out of the Sweet 16.
NC…. 2022 runner up…. Kent… 1 NC, 2 elite eights, 2 final fours…. Auburn… has a final four….. even Matt painter(who I do not like as a coach) has an elite eight.

Saw it coming when we was up 9 and let em close in that finally 3mins in 1st half plus they was outrebounding & out hustling us to every loose ball.. & the backside rotation on the D was awful. Wide open 3 after wide open 3 lucky they missed most in 1st half. Noone looked like they wanted to be there besides Santi. Mashack is a TO waiting to happen.. where the hell was ON?! I figured he'd come back down to earth but didn't score til a few mins left?! Trash... Phillips & Tobe barely played but they looked lost while they was out there. Honestly was predictable, rather it happened the 1st round instead of tonight with an Elite 8 & possible a Final 4 gift wrapped for the taking. Typical TN sports
Idiot Margin^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back