Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple reasons we lost

1. FAU started making some of the shots they missed in the 1st half.

2. Barnes in game management was not good.

3. FAU’s game plan was to neutralize our physicality by flopping and building a media narrative of us beating up people. Jay Bilas also helped with this smh.

4. Terrible officiating in the 2nd half, partially due to point 3.

5. We could not hit the broad side of a barn the last several minutes when we did get shots. This is when not having a PG also came back to bite us.

Last edited:
Barnes is fine

We will be back in the tourney next year

Post-Barnes, who knows where we go?

You probably said Butch was fine. Barnes runs an out dated offense. We have no shooters. He can’t make good adjustments. Post Barnes? You make it sound like Barnes is irreplaceable. He is not.

I’m with you

These posters that want to open up the coaching spin cycle are fools

Kevin O’Neill, Buzz Peterson, Donnie Tyndall…no thank you. My guess is Danny and Barnes have an exit strategy where we will be left in a good spot. Job will be more attractive on the open market then probably ever before.

Reactions: hooter vol
I told you before this game I would…. It’s BS losing to this team.
FAU is not good. That’s a terrible loss. Barnes is not changing and it’s hurting us now. We will be much worse next year and everyone will be screaming for him to go. Need a young innovative coach.

At some point Rick Barnes is going to have to throw away his offense and start completely over.

And to get out rebounded by a team full of 6'2 guards and 1 true 7 footer is embarrassing.

Nonetheless, solid season and we went further than I thought especially without ZZ.

He is 68. He isn’t going to change. Barnes needs to pack his bags and hit the road.

I’m basing this on my understanding of Tennessee’s basketball history
Who was in our administration…. A much better group in charge…. We have one of the biggest arenas in the country…. One of the best fan support…. Some of the best financial support in the country…. We just didn’t have good leadership.

Kevin O’Neill, Buzz Peterson, Donnie Tyndall…no thank you. My guess is Danny and Barnes have an exit strategy where we will be left in a good spot. Job will be more attractive on the open market then probably ever before.

Yeah, but there are other attractive jobs out there that have struggled to find consistency (Florida, Indiana, etc). Texas took a while to find their footing post Barnes.

I just really can’t understand fans holding Tennessee basketball to a standard it has never reached.

That's the reality. We won't do any better than Barnes. Barnes is what he is and this is what he's going to give you. It's disappointing but it could certainly be worse.

But at some point you have to move on. Barnes will likely lose some more coaches. What happens from there?

Why do you think Barnes is that good? Why do you think we can’t get a better coach?

The refs let FAU climb all over us to the elite 8. The refs will get it right for K-State. Now that the refs have knocked off Tennessee, FAU will get theirs from the refs next game. Yes we made mistakes, but a lot of work was done by the refs during that pivotal run. They mauled us while we got called for everything, including a terrible flagrant foul call on us. That turned the momentum in this game and in the tournament, runs like that will win you ball games.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back