Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players getting paid is literally the complete opposite 🤣 That's the free market.

Kavanaugh even pointed at this in his opinion. No one else is allowed to price fix and the NCAA isn't above the law. They literally had college athletes as the only people in America that couldn't make a dime off their own name, image, or likeness.

The commie generation is stupid...I understand the irony with what I said...they do not understand the irony in their hypocricy.

You may live to see the greed on all sides completely destroy college sports...I hope I don't.

I do not want college sports to turn into a purely mercenary money grubfest...I am not wrong.

I have often lobbied for a pro minor league to be implemented so kids that actually want to go to school and be amateurs playing for a valuable expensive scholarship can do so, while the mercs can go on and get their money and rot for all I care....I rarely if ever watch pro sports because of the greed on all sides...I want to see kids at the major college level play for somewhere they care about and not just for money....I am not wrong.

Last edited:
The commie generation is stupid...I understand the irony with what I said...they do not understand the irony in their hypocricy.

You may live to see the greed on all sides completely destroy college sports...I hope I don't.

I do not want college sports to turn into a purely mercenary money grubfest...I am not wrong.

I have often lobbied for a pro minor league to be implemented so kids that actually want to go to school and be amateurs playing for a valuable expensive scholarship can do so, while the mercs can go on and get their money and rot for all I care....I rarely if ever watch pro sports because of the greed on all sides...I want to see kids at the major college level play for somewhere they care about and not just for money....I am not wrong.
Take that, @Jackcrevol !

In my mind... "Old man Potter"

d3a25fb3-a428-49a9-99a2-0cb5d3c3b30e_text.gif

Did the doomsday forecast myself when the subject of PAYING athletes to accept free scholarships was first broached a decade or more ago. But NIL is a more inspired idea that solves the overall issue for all parties imo. An athlete with marketability gets to benefit from it. Universities and conferences retain their profits from broadcasting etc, as they should…since STAGING the games is vital to the product. And it is a PRODUCT. 100+ billion dollar business that makes college football a much more profitable de facto minor league system than any that baseball, basketball or hockey ever dreamt. It’s simple quid pro quo. Players have always netted penny on the dollar handouts to induce them to play for the programs who knew how to game the game. Now they can negotiate as much money from outside parties as the free market allows. And the boosters and their businesses doling out the loot manage to get an early in-road with marketable athletes. Fostering relationships that can boost their own brand. Like any free market, no one gets paid more than what’s available to be paid. Just cuts out the seedy middlemen lurking the shadows of AAU leagues and all-star camps. Capitalism at it’s finest and purest and I’m here for it.

Did the doomsday forecast myself when the subject of PAYING athletes to accept free scholarships was first broached a decade or more ago. But NIL is a more inspired idea that solves the overall issue for all parties imo. An athlete with marketability gets to benefit from it. Universities and conferences retain their profits from broadcasting etc, as they should…since STAGING the games is vital to the product. And it is a PRODUCT. 100+ billion dollar business that makes college football a much more profitable de facto minor league system than any that baseball, basketball or hockey ever dreamt. It’s simple quid pro quo. Players have always netted penny on the dollar handouts to induce them to play for the programs who knew how to game the game. Now they can negotiate as much money from outside parties as the free market allows. And the boosters and their businesses doling out the loot manage to get an early in-road with marketable athletes. Fostering relationships that can boost their own brand. Like any free market, no one gets paid more than what’s available to be paid. Just cuts out the seedy middlemen lurking the shadows of AAU leagues and all-star camps. Capitalism at it’s finest and purest and I’m here for it.
100%

Reactions: SugarCC and butchna
It is called genetics. The men in my family have chickenesque legs and there is no amount of lifting that can change it.

I always thought the same way. But then I found a way to put mass on my legs.
I used to work legs hard and heavy with squats, deadlifts, leg press, hack squats, leg extension/leg curls. Would get definition without mass. Didn’t matter what I did. Got stronger but still chicken legs…

Then in 2019 in preparation for Norther Tier and Philmont trips with my son and Scouts, I was 56-57 during the training. I started doing high rep body weight squats. At first just body weight until I was able to do 5 sets of 100. Then I started wearing my backpack loaded to 60 lbs. I worked my way up to 10 sets of 100. 3 x a week or 4 days of 10 sets x 100 with no weight.

My quads, hamstrings and glutes started getting bigger. At 60, it’s a great way to keep endurance for snow skiing, water skiing and wakeboarding.
I have kept my leg routine, but switched to a weighted vest (also 60 lbs) I now alternate with my rowing machine too for a different type of endurance. My legs are no longer chicken legs…

It sucks at first, but then becomes addictive. Great way to burn calories and lower your resting heart rate , improve cardiovascular endurance as well.

I used to work legs hard and heavy with squats, deadlifts, leg press, hack squats, leg extension/leg curls. Would get definition without mass. Didn’t matter what I did. Got stronger but still chicken legs…

Then in 2019 in preparation for Norther Tier and Philmont trips with my son and Scouts, I was 56-57 during the training. I started doing high rep body weight squats. At first just body weight until I was able to do 5 sets of 100. Then I started wearing my backpack loaded to 60 lbs. I worked my way up to 10 sets of 100. 3 x a week or 4 days of 10 sets x 100 with no weight.

My quads, hamstrings and glutes started getting bigger. At 60, it’s a great way to keep endurance for snow skiing, water skiing and wakeboarding.
I have kept my leg routine, but switched to a weighted vest (also 60 lbs) I now alternate with my rowing machine too for a different type of endurance. My legs are no longer chicken legs…

It sucks at first, but then becomes addictive. Great way to burn calories and lower your resting heart rate , improve cardiovascular endurance as well.
I love the rower. About to get a Nordic track one.

Reactions: SmokinBob

Went to Philmont 20 years ago and it’s still the most beautiful place I’ve seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back