Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not it’s WOOOO!!
Dead to me, there’s no woo in the original Rocky Top. It’s perfect as is, and the woo crowd reminds me of the Butch years. I assume there’s no one else that want to remind us of those years.
@Brillovol, you’ve been missed except if you’re in the Woo plus category.

A reluctant “woo”-er and butter always makes everything better.

So what’d I miss?
Whatdya do, take a wrong turn off a roundabout and get lost?

Marcus Goree and JJ Harell committed. NCAA thing is still dragging out. Recruiting looking good overall. Spring practice started this week. Bball in the Sweet Sixteen tonight! Whipped Duke in a spectacular game. Jay Bilas is a dirty "journalist." Alabama "killing it" off court. Baseball off to slow start but it's a long, long season. I was gone for a bit too. Maybe someone can tell you more.

Last edited:
That was part of it. But the team was not mentally in that game and kept waiting for someone (Peyton in particular) to get them going. Because with that big of a talent difference they should have been able to overcome the play calls.
Peyton couldn't get them going because they wouldn't turn him loose to throw the ball until it was 3rd and 8-9...every freakin possession...it was the most frustrating game I have ever seen...the pure aggravation in my heart at Phil over his stubbornness to the point of gross negligence has never been erased since that day...he would not let them play.

Nobody remembers this...but Tiger High had one great thing...a SEC quality DL..so Phil decides the best gameplan to win that game is to run it between the OTs...almost every 1st and 2nd down...the whole game.

I still hate him for that...just like I hate Jermy for that "Gameplan...we don't need no stinking gameplans!" abomination against GSU.

🦬💩 pure commie 🦬💩
Players getting paid is literally the complete opposite 🤣 That's the free market.

Kavanaugh even pointed at this in his opinion. No one else is allowed to price fix and the NCAA isn't above the law. They literally had college athletes as the only people in America that couldn't make a dime off their own name, image, or likeness.

The real capitalist would probably notice that college kids were paid market value the entire time, if we assume they know what "market value" means. What you're really arguing for is some concept of fairness that has nothing to do with the market.

Except they weren't. By far.

The closest thing to a free market to look at is the NFL, where the roster of 53 men is worth 25-30x that of the coach.

Then how in college can coaches make more than 85 players are compensated COMBINED for (using a lofty 100k (nearly all fringes ofc...very little in usable cash let's remember) compensation average).

You can't seriously believe if a free market of colleges directly paying players opened up, every team would just hold steady with a good ole scholarship and room and books. That's hilarious. Those teams would be left behind the very next day.

It’s nice to hear a legendary coach talk about the game with honesty. He gave Tennessee credit for being the better team that game. I agree the injury to the Duke starter did change their game. Might have made a difference or maybe just made the final score closer but the same outcome.
I like that he wasn’t making excuses. It really was a mature team versus a young team.

Did you hear the subtle innuendos from Coach K? I plainly heard him indicate that he believes this year that Tennessee will go

15-0 🤠

Technically, you don't need ESPN+, but I think it now comes in packages with other things that are reasonably priced.
For basketball and baseball, you absolutely need ESPN+. Also, sometimes games run over their allotted time so the start of a game might only be showing on sec+ while the other one finishes. But, if you are only interested in football, you could probably get away with just youtubetv.

Reactions: Vols4us
If you need more info…it’s a rugby team👀😅🤣
All blacks, racist iyam.
Correct. Consistently the best rugby team in the world, All Blacks of NZ.

I would very much like to see a USA Team Rugby match. Very hard to see only play a few times a year, Stateside.

My dream trip is to New Zealand, hiking, fishing... in a wonderful culture. Beautiful place. Rugby WC's were held in NZ in '22.

Last edited:
My brain is jello.

I am halfway through an exam that I started at 8am and is due at 8am tomorrow.

But now I think I'm an expert in the oxyanion adsorption and phases of selenium and the attentuation of lead. Two things I've never done any work on in my life and seemed totally irrelevant 🥴😅
One of two things: 1) you'll be gangbusters at the Nineteenth Century precious metal smelting site. 2) Jeopardy is game over.

Good luck, sounds like it will all be worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back