Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t it way too early in the NIL era to write these kind of stories?
If fans were going to rebel, I figured they would have done it off the bat. Then when it became the norm over time, they'd come back.

Still don't get it regardless. Weird joy to only want to watch if they're financially below you 😵‍💫

If fans were going to rebel, I figured they would have done it off the bat. Then when it became the norm over time, they'd come back.

Still don't get it regardless. Weird joy to only want to watch if they're financially below you 😵‍💫
There may be a few that feel that way but many more that are worried that money is going to ruin the sport they love…. They don’t want it to be like professional sports…. I agree to an extent with that process.

Respectfully disagree. My comment was if the emails and phone calls drove the decision, that is sad. It is ultimately CBI's call.
What is sad is if people felt they needed to make calls to stop the CBI from giving an undeserved invite to a team just to have people watch to see if someone could set a personal record.

I agree. He's not. I just think it's cool that he came close to breaking it. I was going to make an argument about the number of shots each one took but I would lose that one too. So, you all just carry on. Somebody will break that record some day, maybe.
If somebody breaks it...I want it to be somebody that is actually greatness at basketball.

Reactions: Big Orange#1
And yet Pete took 200 more shots in his college career. That's so wild 😅
I looked up his stats… his last year….. LSU went 22-10…. They scored 108,109,111, 109, 109, 104, 127, 108, 103 in a game….. they averaged 93.3 for the year and beat one team 127-114….. Holy $hit…. That was way before the shot clock was introduced to college basketball.

I think it’s a little deeper than that….. here is the stats for the season: 29.4, 30.8(colo), 20.8, 21.7, 16.7, 23.8, 11.8, 6.3, 17.1, 8.3, 20.8, 19.2, 32(ole Miss), 22.2, 15.4, 22.2, 31.3(Kentucky), 26.9, 25.0, 18.2, 29.2, 35(Florida), 11.1, 40(Vandy), 53.0 (Mizz), 37.5 (Bama), 37.5 (Kent), Texas A&M (26.7), 18.2, 36.4(Ark), 36.4(Aub), 35(Ole Miss), 38.5( Mizz) 33.3 Louisiana, 27.3 (Duke)

Here are the stats for every single game…. As you can tell…. We absolutely dominated earlier this year but from the Florida game on…. Our 3 point defense struggle giving up higher % 3’s than what those teams averaged… That leads me to believe that something changed to make teams more effective at the thre point line towards the end of the season…. We did a much better job against Duke.
It ain't a mystery why...the team was freakin beat ta hell because the way they play the game takes a massive toll on guys...they still don't deserve "complacent" or "lackadaisical" thrown at them.

The ONLY game that I think those terms could maybe be applied was against Florida....and they looked exhausted to me, but you can call it what you want.

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back