Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blue Devils were outscored 15-2 in bench points and got just 22 minutes from their bench. Bench players for Tennessee logged 76 minutes, and just one starter played more than 30 minutes for the Vols. All five Duke starters logged 33 or more minutes.

With No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson stunning the college basketball world by defeating No. 1 seed Purdue on Friday, the East Regional is officially up for grabs. The Volunteers will have a golden opportunity to match the program's deepest-ever NCAA Tournament run by making the Elite Eight next week if they can get past the winner of Sunday's game between FAU and FDU. From there, potential opponents would include Marquette, Kansas State, Kentucky and Michigan State.

This is just the 10th time in history the Vols have entered the round of 16. It may be the best chance ever to move to the elite 8.
Golden opportunity for sure.

The sucky downside is if we can't get past a team that either ousted Purdue or beat a streaking Memphis team, people will never let it go...while completely ignoring the Duke victory...the same folks that would be happier had we just "deservingly" lost to Duke. They will be insufferable.

Dear god please let us win Thursday 😅

I think they like to keep games close for TV ratings, but I dont think they try and determine winners.

Would be more plausible for say...the Super Bowl where there is 1 single game that fans can either keep watching or turn off. Or hell, even the later rounds of MM, the semifinals and finals when it is 1 game at a time. Ok fine, plausible conspiracy theory. But ain't nobody turning off all 4 games at once the first few rounds...especially with the YouTube multiview...helll naw you'll have to drag the remote from my cold, dead hands 😅

Questioning officiating is as much a part of the game as anything. Fans have done it for years and will continue to do it as long as competitive sports are played
Until we get our deserved sensor and logic based referreeing systems...humans just aren't made for this.

I mean, the players make tons of mistakes. So do the coaches. And then the refs. But only the refs really...cannot...make said mistakes without ruining things for everyone. So find a better system. Just like driving cars, there is a better way. And whoever perfects the system will make BANK. The incentive is there. The technology, not quite there.

You might not know this, but I'm the all-time greatest free throw shooter in Fulton history or at least, tied for it. 2-2, 1000%. My record will never be broken. Btw, Jody was my coach. I think that's 3 state championships for Jody and Fulton
You got me good.

Made me lol.

In the last two seasons, we’ve beaten:
- North Carolina
- Duke
- Kentucky x2
- Arizona
- Kansas
- An AP No. 1 and overall No. 1 seed

Edit: and Gonzaga in an exhibition.

And there are people who want to run our coach out of here on a rail.
The Idiot Margin...they will be dogging Tony out next, and just wait and see how bad it will get if we take a step in two back in football this year..

I can hear the stupid 🦬💩 already..."Heupel will never win big with that gimmicky offense"..🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back