Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think our confidence erodes with every loss. Every time we lose it's more difficult to get back on track. We need something to turn it around. Preferably a road win but that's a big ask at Auburn.
We need a ā€˜bossā€™ on the court. We donā€™t have that. A lot of talent and no direction. Kinda reminds you of KY (shut up all of you on the KY jokes) a couple of years ago. Thatā€™s why a lot of posters refer to the Admiral and Grantā€™s time here.

Reactions: drvenner
We need a ā€˜bossā€™ on the court. We donā€™t have that. A lot of talent and no direction. Kinda reminds you of KY (shut up all of you on the KY jokes) a couple of years ago. Thatā€™s why a lot of posters refer to the Admiral and Grantā€™s time here.

Isnā€™t the Boss a bit old to play college basketball? He has to be in his 70s.

We arenā€™t winning anything meaningful feels like. Confidence is shot. No fight out there.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
The cognitive dissonance is so strong with this Miller situation. Bama fans now saying that "Miller didn't know the gun was in the back seat and was already on his way to pick up Miles and Davis."

If Miller didn't know about the gun and it was already in the back seat and he was already on his way, why would Miles feel the need to tell him to get and bring "the gun"??? He texted Miller in a way that would be interpreted Miller knew what gun he was referring to. Zero part of me believes Miller did not know a gun was in the car when he arrived on the scene.

The cognitive dissonance is so strong with this Miller situation. Bama fans now saying that "Miller didn't know the gun was in the back seat and was already on his way to pick up Miles and Davis."

If Miller didn't know about the gun and it was already in the back seat and he was already on his way, why would Miles feel the need to tell him to get and bring "the gun"??? He texted Miller in a way that would be interpreted Miller knew what gun he was referring to. Zero part of me believes Miller did not know a gun was in the car when he arrived on the scene.

I mean, who hasnā€™t placed a firearm in someoneā€™s vehicle without their knowledge, then texted them in the middle of the night and asked them to deliver it to them with no explanation of where it is or why itā€™s there?

Alabama with 9 more free throws than the home team halfway through the second half of their road game and some of yall think we didn't lose the game because of 39 more FT attempts our opponents had at home or that there was not an agenda these past two games?? I can guarantee you we'll magically have an advantage this Saturday because no script is getting the cocks to the tourney.

Zone 7b here, what should I plant ā€¦ December freeze killed all my mountain laurels (which technically I guess are bushes) and I want some resilient trees that are pretty
Be patient with them for another month or two. Their root systems might've survived and will grow back, or start sprouting again from branches in spring (you can do the thumbnail test to see if any branches are still alive).

If you want to plant something else I'd hesitate to recommend without knowing where or seeing the situation. But if looking for a slightly larger shrub/small tree you could look into smoke tree/bushes, redbuds, jane magnolias, crape myrtles, dogwoods, Carolina allspice, rhododendrons, or butterfly bushes off the top of my head.

All those are gonna be in the 10-20' height range. You could also explore edible landscaping like blueberries (which are smaller too) or figs (though figs are a b*stard with cold weather and require a sheltered spot or being wrapped up like babies). All those are deciduous except rhododendrons. If you want an evergreen for privacy you could plant any of the various holly trees/bushes, or juniper/cedar etc. Just don't plant privet for God's sake. LOL. And if you plant the abomination that is Leland cypress you'll have to deal with a disease that will kill it or major portions of it before it reaches legal drinking age.

Those are some ideas to get you looking and see what's available, grows well, and you like best for the spot.

I mean, who hasnā€™t placed a firearm in someoneā€™s vehicle without their knowledge, then texted them in the middle of the night and asked them to deliver it to them with no explanation of where it is or why itā€™s there?
As someone who actively participates in the outdoors and using firearms and taking firearm safety extremely seriously - it's just baffling to me how these kids keep getting in trouble with guns. Tennessee's had their fair share too. Was it K. Bennett that got pulled over for speeding, ope "I smell weed", ope there's an unregistered handgun under the front seat.

And we dismissed him for that too.

Why is it okay for him to even have a gun on campus ? Why has that not been brought up ?

Alabama with 9 more free throws than the home team halfway through the second half of their road game and some of yall think we didn't lose the game because of 39 more FT attempts our opponents had at home or that there was not an agenda these past two games?? I can guarantee you we'll magically have an advantage this Saturday because no script is getting the cocks to the tourney.
We might but we only shot 7 free throws the first time that we played South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back