Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one for you Nashville area folks...I grew up in SE Tennessee and later spent 7 years in Clarksville while in the Army. For the last 8 years, we've mostly lived near Houston. My wife is from Chattanooga and we've been itching to get back to Tennessee. I've got a solid job opportunity in Brentwood and we're researching where we might want to settle in if it all works out. I don't mind a commute if it means we can get a little more yard and a smaller town feel. I know we wouldn't be buying a place in Brentwood. We've got 3 kids ages 8, 6, 4. My oldest eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball. We're an active family that loves outdoor activities. Obviously schools are important. Any recommendations or advice?
Spring Hill. 10-15 miles south down I-65 from Brentwood. Depending on where in Spring Hill/Thompson Station, you’re looking at a 30 min avg commute. It’s mostly Williamson county schools as well so the public schools are top notch.

Got one for you Nashville area folks...I grew up in SE Tennessee and later spent 7 years in Clarksville while in the Army. For the last 8 years, we've mostly lived near Houston. My wife is from Chattanooga and we've been itching to get back to Tennessee. I've got a solid job opportunity in Brentwood and we're researching where we might want to settle in if it all works out. I don't mind a commute if it means we can get a little more yard and a smaller town feel. I know we wouldn't be buying a place in Brentwood. We've got 3 kids ages 8, 6, 4. My oldest eats, sleeps, and breathes baseball. We're an active family that loves outdoor activities. Obviously schools are important. Any recommendations or advice?

Spring Hill/Thompson Station. Nolensville, too. Areas of Rutherford County that aren’t overrun. You can find enclaves of good neighborhoods. Leipers Fork would be cool if you can find some land and build your own… not a lot of development. College Grove is farther out but south and is a burgeoning place. Basically stay south and west.

It would be a pretty substantial commute of an hour or there abouts, but me and my wife live just NW of Lebanon and about 1/2 mile from Friendship Christian School(small K-12) private school with very successful Baseball and Football programs. We live in a subdivion where all lots are at least 1 acre. There are currently 3 or 4 for sale currently. We love it out here. Has a country feel but only minutes away from town and 30-35 min. to Nashville

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I will say that SEC basketball is just not as strong this season as we've seen last year or in some prior seasons. Kentucky is down (which I love, but hurts the overall product). Auburn and Arkansas haven't lived up to preseason hype. Alabama and Tennessee are the only elite teams in the conference. The middle and bottom of the conference are down. Teams like Florida and LSU typically are good, and they just dont have the talent this season. We're just not seeing these giant matchups week to week like we have in the past. The star power has also been underwhelming. Dudes like Anthony Black, Nick Smith, and GG Jackson haven't been as explosive as originally expected.

appearing in the directory only means he applied for and got admission to the university. It doesn’t necessarily mean he’s enrolled or committed
Right, but apparently ole miss insiders are saying he’s a Vol. This is pretty common for a salty school to try to ruin the kids announcement once they get confirmation

Anyone knowingly participating in this small appendage contest, with the data on CTE and potential for chronic issues due to physics, has it coming.

People comparing that to rugby have never watched rugby. Rugby is awesome but it's not a game of insane men looking for a fun way to kill themselves.

Reactions: OrangenSC
appearing in the directory only means he applied for and got admission to the university. It doesn’t necessarily mean he’s enrolled or committed
What I was thinking. He’s been on the directory. So was Neyor. I don’t think it’s the same situation and I’d always rather him be in the system…but it’s not official. I’d be shocked if Chip Kelly could flip him. If he goes through with the visit, it’s more a free trip to California imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back