Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, because he was running his mouth, he deserved to be thrown down concrete stairs? I get that he should have sat down and shut up, but still don't see anything that warranted being thrown down the stairs.
“Deserve” had nothing to with it. I’m saying he wasn’t a randomly selected INNOCENT VICTIM. If they go after the thrower, no back skin will be lost by me. But I will use a line by John Cusack’s hitman character in Grosse Point Blank: “If I show up at your door? Chances are you did something to bring me there!”

So, because he was running his mouth, he deserved to be thrown down concrete stairs? I get that he should have sat down and shut up, but still don't see anything that warranted being thrown down the stairs.
If that was all he did, then I agree..the moments immediately preceeding the bend down, and then the throw are suspiciously missing.

If the dude swung, or grabbed, and missed, then got chunked...then his fat bigmouthed ass deserved what he got.

If that was all he did, then I agree..the moments immediately preceeding the bend down, and then the throw are suspiciously missing.

If the dude swung, or grabbed, and missed, then got chunked...then his fat bigmouthed ass deserved what he got.
Rolling an overweight unruly drunkard down an incline is one of the most hilarious things a person can take part in or witness

If the dude that got pushed died, it would at least be involuntary manslaughter. Although, pushing him down concrete stairs does indicate intent to hurt him. A. Lot.
TBC, we are extemely bored discussing hyptheticals

No one was injured during this deal.

Reactions: Glitch
Warner was cut as a rookie then had to bounce around the Arena league and NFL Europe. That's why his 2nd season in the NFL was at age 28. At least Dobbs has been able to hang around in the NFL up to now.

Harrison was a position player. A lot easier to prove yourself when you're guaranteed snaps even as a backup. QBs don't have that luxury. They only play if the guy ahead of them gets hurt or is inept.

Dobbs is actually ahead of Warner and Harrison's pace when you consider he's been able to stay in the league and as a non-position player he doesn't have a history of failure before success like Harrison.

It's foolish trying to say Josh is ahead of Harrison's pace since in spite of his coming into the league undrafted from Kent State and (as the stories have it) almost clueless and struggling mightily he was still in a Pro Bowl by this point in Josh's career. If you were going to hedge the "position player" argument you'd have been better served not citing Harrison at all.

No. Warner was an undrafted guy from Northern Iowa. Right there Josh had a huge advantage over Warner having been drafted out of a major university. Warner had one initial offseason training camp tryout with a Packers team against Brett Farvre & Mark Brunell. He was released before the season ever started. And he didn't "bounce" anywhere. With no league options he went to the AFL and put together two consecutive 1st team AFL campaigns. This garnered enough attention that he actually got a contract with the Rams which led to a year in NFL Europe where he, wouldn't you know it, led that league in yards and td's which turned into a 3rd string role on a real NFL roster behind Tony Banks and Steve Bono. Now pay attention here because this is critical for the discussion moving forward.* The next season Warner was still there but Banks and Bono weren't. They'd been made expendable by keeping Warner and the signing of Trent Greene. When Green went down Warner was next man up and you know the rest.

*We see you using the word "luck" often in trying to frame opportunity, especially as it regards Josh's career to this point. What you are badly missing is that the mini-bio above was chock full of things that were not in the least bit lucky. Undrafted from a smaller school with only a wave and a smile of opportunity out of the gate he went to the AFL and excelled. He went to NFLe and excelled. He made the roster and in one year went from 3rd string to next man up on a big league team. It was only then, at that point, one could argue he had any "luck" when the starter went down in preseason.

Which leads us to contrast how you view luck and Josh. As already mentioned he came from a major school in a major conference and got drafted. Much better start than the outliers you like to drag into such conversations.
Josh did have a small window to be next man up in 2018 but that didn't happen.
In 2019 instead of solidifying his hold as NMU he was traded to the Jags so they could keep Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges
So it would have seemed a golden opportunity to come in and take the helm over rookie 6th rounder Gardner Minshew. He didn't and was in fact waived at season's end.
In 2020 we see Josh back in Pittsburgh as 3rd string behind Ben and Rudolph.
Then we're with the Browns and as far as I can tell was never really in a NMU situation behind Brissett and Mond before being waived and picked up by the Lions practice squad.
So here we are with the Titans and really the only legit shot at real playing time since '18.

I don't know if you golf but there's a phrase, "never up, never in". It means regardless of how well you do anything else if you don't hit the ball hard enough the putt isn't going in the hole. If Josh had been able to keep his status as a legit 1st option (or beat out a rookie 6th rounder) behind the starters all this time he'd have almost certainly gotten this "chance" you endlessly mention. He didn't so he hasn't. That isn't "luck"...it's other players beating him out for NMU position.

FWIW I've been exceedingly unimpressed with Willis to this point so I hope Josh has his feces together. With Tannehill out and what Willis has shown us it seems more than a little likely Dobbs is going to get this "chance".

Reactions: butchna
Some of y'all have never pushed a drunk person down the stairs and it shows.
I literally once picked a dude up and threw him over my wrought iron bannister on my porch which was about 7-8 feet off the ground and the fall broke several of his ribs...trust me, that dude deserved it and he was lucky I didn't put a bullet in his brain and instead just chunked him off my porch....actually we were both lucky because I am now very glad I never killed anyone.

I literally picked a dude up and threw him over my wrought iron bannister on my porch which was about 7-8 feet off the ground and the fall broke several of his ribs...trust me, that dude deserved it and he was lucky I didn't put a bullet in his brain and instead just chunked him off my porch....actually we were both lucky because I am now very glad I never killed anyone.
was this person breaking in?

He got what he asked for…. He kept running his mouth and antagonizing everyone around him…. Even after being thrown down the steps… it looked like he was wanting to keep going…. He f’d around and found out, imo.

was this person breaking in?
The piece of 💩 inappropriately touched my wife and made a vulgar remark when I walked out of the living room to go to the bathroom. She began screaming at him and when I ran back in he turned toward me and started to pull a knife on his belt...I rushed him, grabbed him by the throat, lifted him off the ground and I bullrushed him through the front glass screen door and then threw him over the rail. I then proceeded down to the yard jumped on top of his writhing body and then beat his head into the ground until he quit moving.

Is that detailed enough for you?

The piece of 💩 inappropriately touched my wife and made a vulgar remark when I walked out of the living room to go to the bathroom. She began screaming at him and when I ran back in he turned toward me and started to pull a knife on his belt...I rushed him, grabbed him by the throat, lifted him off the ground and I bullrushed him through the front glass screen door and then threw him over the rail. I then proceeded down to the yard jumped on top of his writhing body and then beat his head into the ground until he quit moving.

First off... a picture of your wife is needed to further analyze.

Both should be arrested, but the dude that pushed should be charged with attempted murder, no matter how you swing it.
Dude should be charged for checking the other guy's oil, at minimum. If you want to tack on years for attempted murder then so be it.

Last edited:
Reactions: drvenner

most of us talk about what we'd do in that scenario.

then when rubber meets road, **** our pants.

while i may not agree with your choice. i believe you. and, honestly get it. dude is lucky to be alive. people have died for less.

“Deserve” had nothing to with it. I’m saying he wasn’t a randomly selected INNOCENT VICTIM. If they go after the thrower, no back skin will be lost by me. But I will use a line by John Cusack’s hitman character in Grosse Point Blank: “If I show up at your door? Chances are you did something to bring me there!”
giphy (22).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back