Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to skip ahead.
HS graduation for my daughter.
College orientation already!
Now I’m at Parkland’s Camp for Burn Injured Children (disabled children’s camp for the week). Poor service here, so I’m going to get behind again.

But I still believe

15-0 🤠

Get behind again? Doc, you are always behind, and we are all here for it. Great service you do for those kids.

Lots of people do, not just you. We get caught up in the moment and say what’s on our mind. However, if you put it online, be ready for the hindsight gang.
Word. And I’m fine with having discussions about it afterwards, but I’ve never understood the mentality of calling someone out afterwards. It’s an open forum and fun to engage with other fans during the games. Makes things fun and interesting to hear input.

Reactions: Nuctech777
I say what I think in real time.. sometimes I’m wrong. Happens. Doesn’t bother me. Burns narrowly avoided disaster last night and cannot continue to rely on just one pitch but kudos to him for sticking with it

But Burns is still uber talented. To say he isn’t good just because he has one great pitch is a bit odd. He will be drafted high after next year, and he will get to hone his craft full time. I thought Ben Joyce really only relied on one great pitch, and he’s mowing down big leaguers in less than a year.

I have no problem with comments in real time, but I don’t get people who just give up a few innings/minutes in a game. I’ve watched a lot of sports over 35 years, and games have ebbs and flows.

Hoping the Lady Vols can take care of business against OK St. They’ll likely get another crack at OU.

Oklahoma is just a machine man…I’m hopeful but i see them as the champs…every team they faced all season has thrown every wrench at them like “changing pitchers every inning” and it hasn’t worked they still score runs…we did the same thing and it didn’t work either hopefully we have a different approach…their best competition was Stanford just because they have lights out pitching.

Oklahoma is just a machine man…I’m hopeful but i see them as the champs…every team they faced all season has thrown every wrench at them like “changing pitchers every inning” and it hasn’t worked they still score runs…we did the same thing and it didn’t work either hopefully we have a different approach…their best competition was Stanford just because they have lights out pitching.

50 straight games is just incredible.

But Burns is still uber talented. To say he isn’t good just because he has one great pitch is a bit odd. He will be drafted high after next year, and he will get to hone his craft full time. I thought Ben Joyce really only relied on one great pitch, and he’s mowing down big leaguers in less than a year.

I have no problem with comments in real time, but I don’t get people who just give up a few innings/minutes in a game. I’ve watched a lot of sports over 35 years, and games have ebbs and flows.
Agreed it was a bit harsh and over-reactionary, but we can agree that compared to last year, he was regressed in a big way. He was a no brainer first rounder last year. This year, I wouldn’t take him in the first 10 rounds. It was more of a comparison based on what I know he is capable of.

Well we won't face OU until a Best of 3 Final now. Beating OU 3 times is darn near impossible (had we won yesterday), but maybe we can beat them twice with Rogers and Gottshall. I wouldn't want them to have seen Rogers or Gottshall before the 3 game series if you can help it. Weakley said the plan was to bring in Rogers if we managed to get a lead to close it out but that opportunity never arrived.

We have both of them rested for Ok State and we need to beat Florida State twice. The good news is that we got out of the OU side of the bracket, and we can beat those two teams.

Agreed it was a bit harsh and over-reactionary, but we can agree that compared to last year, he was regressed in a big way. He was a no brainer first rounder last year. This year, I wouldn’t take him in the first 10 rounds. It was more of a comparison based on what I know he is capable of.

Guys who K 100 batters in 62 innings and can touch 101 don’t get passed up for 10 rounds

I guarantee you that he is going well ahead of the 10th round. Mark McLaughlin was drafted in the 7th last year. They draft on potential, too. Teams have more film and scouting on him now, so he’s having to adjust. We are talking about a guy who is 2nd nationally in strikeouts per 9 innings…in the SEC. He will get paid good money to play pro ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back