Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fourth time in the last 2 years or so...rewatching True Detective, season 1.

Starting to move toward believing it's the greatest thing HBO has ever produced, even more so than The Sopranos. Just season 1; although, I loved season 3, and really liked season 2 ( just not under True Detective umbrella).

Most people when they talk about our VOLS. There are only two kinds of football fans.....Tennessee VOLS and those that wish they were.

madeline kahn.gif

Reactions: hooter vol
Oh boy. Get ready for the SECCG, the fix is in 😬 just kidding… kind of

“We are living in unprecedented times, are we not?” Sankey said, per SI’s Ross Dellenger. “Any conference champion merits consideration, but right on top of that list is the champion from the SEC. Now, whether it’s possible or not looking at the full picture, that’s where the selection committee comes in. Three losses is going to be tough, but having the best win of the year, after the full body of work, certainly introduces them into a conversation.”

Sankey, advocating for his conference’s teams, also made the case for Alabama or Tennessee to make the final 4.

“I look at the rigor of our league, and we have teams ranked No. 6 and No. 7 that merit consideration and I’m confident will be given consideration,” Sankey said to SI. “I respect Ohio State, too, and the tough game against Michigan. Our teams had two close losses both on the road, Alabama and Tennessee. I think those two teams are viable.

“If we’re going to talk about considerations for the Playoff, I’ve got a team that would have the best win of the year tomorrow if it wins. It would have to be in consideration. We’ve trusted the selection committee. We will continue to do that.”

Danny white can make his money right now by lobbying the orange bowl for us instead of Ohio State if they decide they don’t want to go to the Rose Bowl. He can guarantee as many tickets sales as he wants because UT would fill them up.
This is what I want to happen.

Recruiting question:

Exactly how many transfers can we bring in this year? NCAA has ruled that transfers count against your 25-man limit class unless you're replacing players who have transferred out... in which case that is capped at 7.

I also can't find where our scholarship numbers are outside of "reduced" in order to self-punish for Pruitt.

So basically how many more can we take in the '23 class and how many of those can be transfers? Sorry for dumb, but dumb.
The 7 was last year.

This class and next class will only be capped by the 85.

Winning changes a lot of things but the most important in this day and time is image. We are the fans that cheer loud and rub it in when we win and are the same ones that take pot shots from all sides. To be honest I think it all goes back to the 90's and the ESPN fiasco. Before then we were just the VOLS and were pretty good at everything.......just from the south.

And before then social media was pretty much nonexistent. Unless you count MySpace. Haha. Remember that one?

Sankey thinks UT is a renegade program. A lot of effort is spent bolstering that perception. The reality is, UT runs a tighter ship than the rest of the Big 6. Other programs recruit, sign and play SAs that wouldn't be academically cleared at UT. Jermaine Burton would have been suspended at UT. Will Wade would have been fired quickly at UT. Freeze wouldn't have been hired for any position at UT, nor would UT take Bruce back. Yet, UT has been branded the poster school for bad behavior.
How in the world do they think Tennessee is a renegade program? Might want to check on the two schools in Athens and Tuscaloosa. Figure out how they sign top 3 classes every year since their coaches became in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back