Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
With WR’s hitting the portal and the possibility of others skipping the bowl game, I hope the running game is ready. Especially if it’s Clemson.
There’s a possibility of the sky falling today too, but there’s no inclination that that’s happening. Why start an unfounded rumor? Tillman won’t be playing in the bowl game (for good reason) and that’s the only person who’s been reported opting out.

WRs transferring have have accounted for 8 catches this season all against our cupcakes. I THINK we can manage without them

From the Orange Bowl: "The SEC and Big Ten champions are always excluded, and when an SEC and/or Big Ten team qualifies for the College Football Playoff, the next available team would also be excluded from participating in the Orange Bowl due to contractual obligations with the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl, respectively.

If Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs and declines the Rose, they should be placed in the Cotton, where Penn State would have been. They shouldn't get to choose, thus affecting other highly ranked teams.

He would have started the qb performing worse in practice? Freeze is a good coach but his legend is a little too much sometimes…his best season at ole miss when he beat Alabama…. He lost to unranked Memphis and unranked Arkansas.

Shhhh, let them hire him, hurt bama and uga and then let the reality happen.

He somehow managed to become a U. S. Congressman, so yeah, he wasn't stupid.

He was drafted...thrown into an NFL starting line up as the leader...with no help whatsoever. I could care less about the stories. They come from the people that worked on the team that screwed him.

Shuler was a great college QB. Given half a chance, he may have been a great NFL QB. We'll never know, because he was fu**ed from the second he was drafted.
Obviously he isn't stupid but not sure I would use U.S. Congressman as a measuring stick! Lol

I won’t be shocked if they put us back above Bama if they don’t make the playoff. They positioned them better in case TCU gets blown out and USC loses. If both of those teams win or one wins, I could see OSU going to the playoff and then ranking us above Bama. They have gotten a lot of grief from the media and if Bama doesn’t make the playoff, they could put us above them to get people to be quiet. But the true reason they are ahead right now is to try and have them positioned better for a playoff spot.

How the playoff bracket would look if it were this year.

Certainly a lot more interesting than the current system. There will still be favoritism and back room handshakes regarding seeds, but we should see more opportunities for upsets in the playoffs. Also helps a school like us that can work its way into a top 12 with our tough scheduling.

Reactions: volbeast33
I won’t be shocked if they put us back above Bama if they don’t make the playoff. They positioned them better in case TCU gets blown out and USC loses. If both of those teams win or one wins, I could see OSU going to the playoff and then ranking us above Bama. They have gotten a lot of grief from the media and if Bama doesn’t make the playoff, they could put us above them to get people to be quiet. But the true reason they are ahead right now is to try and have them positioned better for a playoff spot.
I agree but don't think they'll move them above us. That would be an admission of guilt. They won't do that. Also, Bama wants their pick of bowls. Much like OSU, they view that as their privilege, being Bama. I suspect they want the sugar.

I agree but don't think they'll move them above us. That would be an admission of guilt. They won't do that. Also, Bama wants their pick of bowls. Much like OSU, they view that as their privilege, being Bama. I suspect they want the sugar.
And they can have it. This year. I want the Orange Bowl and Clemson.

Country. Headed to a tropical paradise where the beach is near and the climate doesn't change.

Make sure that the healthcare is really good wherever you’re headed.
Patient of mine moved to Belize, within 2 years had to move back due to a heart condition that couldn’t be handled properly there…

From the Orange Bowl: "The SEC and Big Ten champions are always excluded, and when an SEC and/or Big Ten team qualifies for the College Football Playoff, the next available team would also be excluded from participating in the Orange Bowl due to contractual obligations with the Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl, respectively.

If Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs and declines the Rose, they should be placed in the Cotton, where Penn State would have been. They shouldn't get to choose, thus affecting other highly ranked teams.
Wouldn't this clause also exclude TN? I'm sure like all the criteria listed for CFP, the bowls can do whatever they want when it gets down to it.

Make sure that the healthcare is really good wherever you’re headed.
Patient of mine moved to Belize, within 2 years had to move back due to a heart condition that couldn’t be handled properly there…
I live in the US Virgin Islands. The healthcare is meh but the quality of life is awesome. If I have a serious health issue, I'll fly back to the states. I have evac coverage.

Chase your dreams folks. Life moves quickly and we're not guaranteed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back