Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
389f329b50002b5f9fb0258def932851_w200.gif

1. Tony Robinson
2. Peyton
3. Shuler/Hooker
4. Clausen/Dobbs

Tony Robinson will always be my all time favorite vol.. We have been blessed with some great Vols.
Loved Tony....I actually cried when he got hurt. I have said this a hundred times, and I am gonna say it again....I would love to see Tony Robinson running this offense...he would absolutely win the Heisman.

Peyton is #1 for that reason, he was essentially the first wave into the new era where the talent wasn't quite there yet but by the time he left the team was overall better. (which should be where we are as Hooker leaves as well)
Clausen and Dobbs though you could probably debate talent around them, I do think Clausen overall had more talent for his career...but Dobbs did play with Malone, Kamara, Jennings, Barnett, AJ Johnson, Maggitt, & Reeves-Maybin

You know everyone said "feels like '98" all season...it actually feels more like '97, had the senior QB and a lot of returning talent on offense, lost by 2 scores to an East rival on the road that was ranked 3rd....then got blown out (happened in the bowl game that season though) and finished 11-2.

If Milton is the guy next year and we see the defense make big strides ('97 they ranked 42nd in Points Against at 22.0 and '98 they were 8th at 14.5) maybe next year will feel like '98.

'97 with Peyton we had balance, but were more of a passing offense.
'98 with Tee we shifted to more of a running offense but still scored.

'22 defense is currently 47th in PA at 23.5.

1997 Offense: 331.8 passing yds per game with 3.1 TDs, 151.1 rushing yards per game with 1.1 TDs
2022 Offense: 332.3 passing yds per game with 2.9 TDs, 205.8 rushing yards per game with 3.3 TDs

From 97 to 98 we went in with an established RB (Jamal Lewis) then ended up needing to rely on two sophomores (Henry/Stephens) that were two different types of RBs

We head into 23 with an established RB (Small/Wright) and could end up needing to rely on two sophomores (Sampson/JWT) that are different types of RBs
Uhmm..we had some really good-great teams in the 90s before Peyton ever came along....late 80s had a few also.

Yeah my favorites list:
1. Peyton
2. Hooker
3. Clausen
4. Dobbs
5. Tee (honestly just because of the Natty, and I don't like Ainge or Bray much)

Of course I came into my Vol fandom when Peyton started playing...so some of the greats that predate me I left off just because I didn't get to experience/watch them.
Shuler
Peyton
Kelly
Hooker
Clausen
Dobbs

Yeah they do. If the LSU team that beat Bama shows up and the UGA team that almost choked against Mizzou is on the other sideline, LSU definitely has a shot.
0 shot. Uga is not going to overlook a championship game opponent like they did their cupcakes this year.

I honestly don't think we can beat a top 10 team right now with Milton. With Hooker, I'd say bring on anyone and everyone, I want UGA again and I'd feel confident we have a shot. With Milton, they're just going to play man or shallow zone and trust that he'll miss the deep throws, which he probably will most of the time.

And I think the bowls get to decide who they want regardless of committee rankings. I don't think it's a lock like you make it seem. Maybe in the small sample size it's worked that way, but I don't think it has to.

But maybe I'm just apathetic, we squandered our chance at the playoff, so I don't care as much about which non playoff bowl we go to, especially without Hooker.
You are a crap fan if you are apathetic about this team after all they have done this year...they deserve better from us than that fickle 🦬💩.

Eh. America is probably the most arrogant and entitled country when it comes to the world stage. I love her, but it is what it is. And I don't think we should eat and sleep worry about what the world thinks of us, but a bit of humility and self-awareness is generally a good thing.

An underdog latecomer telling the world what to call their favorite sport because we beat a bad team just reeks of everything the world says we are.
It's a joke and relevant to the ad campaign being blasted with Peyton and Beckham. It seems in good fun. Anyone who takes it too serious should lighten up.

Loved Tony....I actually cried when he got hurt. I have said this a hundred times, and I am gonna say it again....I would love to see Tony Robinson running this offense...he would absolutely win the Heisman.
Yep….! did too….My first childhood hero…. Had mom go all over town to get the sports illustrated with him on the cover after we beat Auburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back