Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sitting here unable to function like a normal human after the turkey dinner and watching the football games and something really struck me. I have noticed all season long that any time we are on defense, no matter if it is a run or pass any time we make a tackle they always seem to fall forward. Very seldom do they stop them in their tracks and even less than that push them backwards.

I haven't put on the pads in over 40 some odd years but we were taught to drive your shoulder into the runner, wrap them up and drive them backwards and not arm tackle or use your head like a battering ram. Are they not taught the basics anymore or did that all go out with leather helmets......I never played with a leather helmet but I did play with the ones that had basically webbing inside with a two bar face mask and no padding and beyond that I don't ever remember my helmet coming off and we only had one chin strap.
Well, there you go. Now we have a better understanding of some of your mental issues :):):). Those pesky helmets with no padding :):):)

Well, there you go. Now we have a better understanding of some of your mental issues :):):). Those pesky helmets with no padding :):):)
Back then if somebody got knocked out they broke ammonia caps under their nose asked them their name and sent them back out.........player safety was not that big of a concern back then.:eek:;)

New details emerge on Jeremy Pruitt from NCAA Notice of Allegations to Tennessee..
Tennessee is disputing the failure to monitor charge citing the depth's Jeremy Pruitt and staff members went to cover things up. Something Chancellor Plowman stated in the press conference discussing the firing of Pruitt in January of 2021.

Tennessee also pointed out the lengths they went to in order to help the NCAA get information and how they continued to investigate as they found more claims of wrongdoing.

Tennessee also noted how the NCAA recently ruled at LSU for their recruiting violations during COVID which was a 6k fine and a show cause for a fired football coach.

The NCAA has 60 days to respond to Tennessee's response
-Brent

All kidding aside I really did get recruited by UT. The one I talked with at first Lide Huggins, then it was just letters after that. I kinda lost my way so to speak and decided I needed to go to work instead of go to school so that by itself should tell you a lot. The one thing I have always wished I could have done was run through the T just one time. I hope the ones that do and have done it, realize how special it really is to those that wish they could.

What is everyone thankful for?

I am thankful for rising global temperatures. 116k more people die from heat each year but 283k less die from cold so that sounds like a net positive
Too bad those people, you know who, would kill half the human population to “save the planet,” whatever the **** that means.

Like Julian Nixon… what the f happened there. Kid was the #1 ranked player in the state of Georgia his junior year. Now he’s just wasting away in the portal at a position of need for us - TE.

Crazy the amount of missed potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back